Hi Folks!

K

Kyffin

Greetings from Kyffin! My real name is Richard but I couldn't use it as Richard, Rich, Richy, Ritchie are all taken so I chose the very old Welsh name Kyffin (pronounced Kuffin). I live in Newport, South Wales, the old South Wales not the new one down under.

For many years I've been a keen lure fisherman, about a year ago I decided to look into making lures and after trawling YouTube for inspiration and guidance I decided to take the plunge and start making my own. My first attempts were reasonable but not up to shop standard especially the paint finish!

I was using a cheap Chinese airbrush and it didn't take me long to realise this was a major problem, I'm now using an H & S infinity CR Plus 2 in 1 (0.15 and 0.4) and I'm delighted with it. My pump is a Sparmax TC2000 auto-stop compressor. I mostly use Createx paints, Wicked Colors and Auto colors, I also use Daler Rowney FW and Magic colors. I'll post Piccies of some of my lures over the next couple of days.
If anyone is selling an H & S infinity CR Plus please let me know. Thanks.

Catch y'all soon. Kyffin.

Welcome from 'Down Under' but not from New South Wales lol a bit further East !
Looks like you are off to a good start with your kit, make sure you pop some photos up at some point so we can admire your handywork.
There are several lure painters here so i'm sure they'll be along shortly to say Hi

P.S. I've just realised that you posted this in the wrong spot, so i've moved it to Introductions :)

hye from malaysia, its a "land below the wind" where i lived here, and those whales is kinda stylish name anyway.. looking futher for your piece ..

Broke as Hell airbrush lover

welcome to the Forum from another lure maker if you have any questions about how i do something on my lures just ask and I'll give you a few tips (there's pictures of some of my lures in the forums gallery just look up Basepaint )

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find it a fun and useful place to be. Sounds like yo have some good kit already, looking forward to seeing some of your Lures posted up soon.

Hi my friend,
To be honest all the lures in my photos are those cheap unpainted Chinese one's, I bought a joblot of about 100 a while ago and they are great for practicing my paintwork.
I have made lures mostly from red cedar and balsa which turned out pretty good. I had a go at making hard plastic lures, I made a master lure in wood, made the mold and poured the liquid plastic in, when it had hardened I opened the mold and the lure looked great, problem was it weighed a ton! I later found out I should have added glass bubbles to the liquid plastic before pouring it in the mold. You live and learn! lol.

I my post above I said that all the lures in the photos are Chinese, I should have said the majority are Chinese, there are a few there I made myself.

I my post above I said that all the lures in the photos are Chinese, I should have said the majority are Chinese, there are a few there I made myself.
i cant hardly see any picture there mate

Broke as Hell airbrush lover

Hi GeeDonV, have you tried tapping on the first photo to enlarge? All looks ok my end.

Back