How does the side cup work on a cm-sb?

S

Smiler65

how does the side cup work,I know it's through suction,but the hole is on the side ,so do you need to keep a certain level of paint in it.

The paint goes to the bottom which is a separate little section that unscrews for cleaning. In that bottom is where the paint is pulled from

The paint goes to the bottom which is a separate little section that unscrews for cleaning. In that bottom is where the paint is pulled from
Thanks very much, so what's the White bit in the bottom for

This is what it looks like inside.

View attachment 34568

I had to look very close at that but It looks to me like it is indeed actually suction feed since I get the impression that paint is sucked through the area of cut out between the cup and the white plate and then travels up the channel on the left, pretty clever concept, I would also assume the white plate's purpose is to ensure smooth flow and prevent build up on the bottom of the cup.

I had no idea it was that complicated, nice of Eddie to slice open one his expensive cups to show us this, lol

image.jpg
My new toy, saw it at a good price so thought sod it and bought it :)

An alternative is buying the gravity cup for the TR1. I used one of those when i had the CM-SB, and liked it better than the original cup.

Back