How many ab's needed

L

littlerick

How many airbrushes do you use on a regular basis... Some guys have a shopping list of airbrushes to use and some us only have one!

Do you use different brushes for certain jobs or colours?

I'm still a little confused about some of the different types and models.

I'm using a 0.2 Iwata at the moment, but most of what i do is fairly small or requires smaller detail, but aside form that I have a cheapy with a 0.8 nozzle I use for blasting in larger background areas and/or for priming, I don't need a huge collection of brushes because most would sit doing nothing, I was doing anything other just small paintings I might consider other brushes for the purpose, but for now I have enough.

I think and ideal set would be 0.2 for small stuff, 0.35 to 0.5 as an all-rounder and maybe something exceeding 0.8 for blasting in.

I certainly don't need more then 2 guns, one detail and one for bigger pieces. But I have more so I play with the others if I feel like it. I do want more. I don't know who came up with the mathematical equation of how many airbrush, or anything for that matter, one should have. The equation is "how many you have +1". I think it is quite a good solution.

lol Thats what I figured! One for each colour would be nice... I have 48 different colours!

I certainly don't need more then 2 guns, one detail and one for bigger pieces. But I have more so I play with the others if I feel like it. I do want more. I don't know who came up with the mathematical equation of how many airbrush, or anything for that matter, one should have. The equation is "how many you have +1". I think it is quite a good solution.

I believe that most who have a huge arsenal do so because they like to collect or just try out others or a combination of both, if they can afford to do that, that's great, and thanks to them those of us who can't afford to but new one every week get good idea of what other brushes can do so we can at least make an authorised decision.

As you say what you have plus one is smart thinking, I find that I have more than enough with what I have now, I am totally happy with my HP-BH+ but if I can I plan to buy the same model again so I have a back up in case of those little accidents we sometimes have.

I looked at Iwata and got a little confused over the range of models ect... I got the Evolution based on its ease of use and lack of fiddly easy to lose bits. Its a vast improvement on what i was using.

Maybe when i understand more i will buy another... I wont say invest, i do it for pleasure rather than profit!

I have a Neo with 0.35 and a cm-b 0.18, i cant see that ill ever need another one but if i have spare cash some day might just treat myself

I looked at Iwata and got a little confused over the range of models ect... I got the Evolution based on its ease of use and lack of fiddly easy to lose bits. Its a vast improvement on what i was using.

Maybe when i understand more i will buy another... I wont say invest, i do it for pleasure rather than profit!

If your happy with your Evo, you don't really need anything else, unless your stinking rich you don't need to buy a brush just to try it out, stick with what you've got and if you've got the 2 in 1 you've got enough.

I have a Neo with 0.35 and a cm-b 0.18, i cant see that ill ever need another one but if i have spare cash some day might just treat myself

If you do, get a half decent blaster 0.8 or above, you'll be surprised how often that would come in handy, I have had many occasions where I was glad I had one.

Have a quite few but only use one (Only got one right hand)..Generally have some back ups when needed but my students buggered half of them LOL and need some spare parts bad but I have a theory, its nice to have a few but to actually airbrush you can only use one, I like my siphons, others like their gravitys but each can do the job of the other in the right hands..I see many here and elsewhere buy gun after gun and in many cases it may be for unique purposes those guns are purchased in some cases I think its because they feel the grass is greener..Every gun though has its own learning curve, get used to what you have, perfect its use, make it work for you and give it fair time to show you it can..When more experienced, then re'look at the market and perhaps buy another, because then your buying your new one for the right reasons and for reasons you actually know why :) Saying that if someone has a Master or Chinese rip off I will let them know the Grass is actually greener, but buy in the Brand names and generally you can't go wrong and any of those will teach you to airbrush..

You need as many as you feel you need to complete the job.
That is with anything you will do that requires tools.
About like asking a mechanic how many 1/2 inch wrenches he needs.
The answer will be at least 3 in case one breaks while doing the job.
If your working on a project and your airbrush goes belly up on you and you do not have the parts to fix it and you have 1 day before the customer wants it , And you have to order all the parts you would wish to hell you had a second or even a third airbrush as back up.

Back