How to prep a RC body?

S

SweAirbrush

Hi!
I have never painted a body for a rc car before and i would like to know a little bit about how to prep one (step by step). Should I just wash it whit soap and start masking and paint? Or should I scuff it whit scotch brite/sandpaper?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hello Swe!!
What I do (on plastic), wash with warm soapy water, scuff it up with RED scotch brite, wash again, and finally, use a degreaser, and start your art work :)

Do NOT use a red scotch pad. Remember you are painting the inside of body, so sand marks will now become the outer coat and show up. Use a very fine sandpaper or steel wool. Steel wool is best, but you have to reclean it because of debris. Warm soapy water to clean body then dry it.

I've never heard anybody sanding lexan before painting it. Wash with warm soapy water, wipe dry. Make sure you don't leave finger marks behind when you mask.

When I paint my lexan bodies and all I do is clean it with warm soapy water then rinse it out and dry with a paper towel.

If it's an antique body you do have to use the steel wool. Different type of plastic and paint doesn't bond to it as easily as newer lexan does.

I do it only one time but the paint still on after 8years so ... :p

Ive just wash it with TSP ... verry gentle sanding with a scotchbfite and after a 600grit ... be carefull, you dont want deep scratch because you will see it under the paint ... then TSP again ... and good too go!

You have too keep in mind, everything you do is reverse(if you paint inside the body like your supposed too) and you cant use primer ... for last coat ive use a spraycan brite white too add more body to the painting.

Envoyé depuis mon Android via Tapatalk 4!

Back