HP-CS

Hi BoboLmao
1st Welcome to the forum.
2nd, I don't know what your definition of tight is, but you really don't need tight on an Iwata.
Barley more than snug should suffice.

I would suggest cleaning the nozzle and needle and starting over. On the Eclipse, the .03 nozzle is in a bullet looking carrier and should not be separated, the .05 carrier is the nozzle.

Everything I say after this should be done with care. Be careful not to bend needle or damage nozzle.
Remove the rear handle
Loosen the chuck nut holding the needle.
Retract the needle
Remove the head cap
Remove the nozzle
Remove the needle, I do this from the front on the Eclipse, but from the back is ok too.
Clean nozzle and needle.
(You may as well clean the entire brush at this point.)
After cleaning, reassemble the brush except for the needle and head cap.

Eclipse only:
!!! It is important to do following in correct order, exactly as described.

I make sure the needle is properly in the nozzle by inserting the needle into the brush without tighting the chuck nut, point the airbrush straight up, gently push the needle out the front far enough to place the nozzle on the needle just above where it normally seats, the tip will protrude, withdraw the needle so the nozzle drops into its seated position.
Then put on the head assembly and snug it down.
 Now tighten the chuck nut, put the back handle back on.
And done.

There may be others with better ideas, but I've always done it this way and it works well.

@DaveG , comments?

-Joe
Thanks JB, I’ll try this also.

I measured the needle diameter with a micrometer and the diameter of the HP-CS is 0.2mm. I thought it was supposed to be 0.3 or 0.35?

Thanks JB, I’ll try this also.

I measured the needle diameter with a micrometer and the diameter of the HP-CS is 0.2mm. I thought it was supposed to be 0.3 or 0.35?
no - actually it is the nozzle that is a 0.35mm. The needle is tapered to work in conjunction with a nozzle opening of .35mmm and an air cap that produces the flow around the combination of nozzle and needle.

Was the brush new when you purchased it? If it was new, I would put my money on the brush being exactly what it supposed to be, and you just learning to use it the way it is meant to be used. They are very good at getting them out the door correctly.

UPDATE!

Firstly, thank you again to all of your time and patience.

It works!

Root cause seems to be the seating of the needle and also the crappy paint as the Mac valve worked just fine after thorough cleaning per instructions above. I also didn’t tighten it so much, but i don’t think that was the main issue.

Thanks again guys!

Looking forward to getting more into this new to me medium.

Well done, good to see you persevere! You will not regret it, airbrush is a great way to paint. It can be frustrating on the odd occasion such as you have just experienced! You have the tools sorted now so on to plenty of practice!

Glad You got it sorted, don't forget to post up pics of the masterpieces You now create with it :)

UPDATE!

Firstly, thank you again to all of your time and patience.

It works!

Root cause seems to be the seating of the needle and also the crappy paint as the Mac valve worked just fine after thorough cleaning per instructions above. I also didn’t tighten it so much, but i don’t think that was the main issue.

Thanks again guys!

Looking forward to getting more into this new to me medium.
Great news. The Eclipse is the best airbrush i have, not only reliable and easy to clean but so versatile also. Now yours is working I hope you have some fun using it.

Back