Hp-sb plus

S

Smiler65

As some of you know a while ago i bought this from Japan saving a massive amount, i paid £80 where they cost £200 plus here in the uk.

My first impression was i really liked it, but after using it for a couple of hours i found it was very tiring on my hand giving me cramps.

A forum member contacted me about the problems i was having and after a few messages said they would send me something that would help me out, anyway a few days later an envelope turned up with a few things in it, one of them being a soft trigger spring.

I promptly put it in and changed the air spring for a zolts soft spring. What a transformation, the brush now responds and feels just as easy to use as my micron, very responsive and can pull some fine lines being a 0.2 set up.
Im now wandering do i stick with this and really get to know the brush or still have it for my back up, time will tell.

Just messing about getting a feel for it and was surprised to be pulling such fine lines, the needle tip is a bent 0.18 just for reference to show how fine i got.image.jpeg image.jpeg

I wont name the member thats upto them if they want to reveal themselve.

But thank you very much for your help and for giving me a brush im well happy with now.

The only down side ive found with this brush is they are not so user friendly to clean as the head dont come off like the micron and the nozzle is really tiny and wont be comming off unless absolutely nessacary.

I agree with Mark, find the limits of it.
The nozzles on the HP are fun aren't they :) I jumped from chinese knock off to the HP-B+ and HP-A+ and later a CM so I've never known the 'eclipse' nozzle. They are definitely a tiny thing, and should be handled with care when cleaning / putting back on the brush. I remove everything off the bench within arms reach, lay a towel down (stops the drop, roll and disappear issue) and lock the door so I don't wind up with visitors to distract me !!
I've recently bought the eclipse siphon feed, but as yet I haven't had the need to do a total tear down. so a new learning curve coming up

If the eclipse has the self centering nozzle you are in for a pleasant surprise!

I've only ever taken the tip of the HP's and CM .... apparently others remove the whole nozzle, maybe I've been doing it wrong :confused:

Easiest way to straighten a needle i have found is using a magnetic bit adaptor for those hexagonal bits. lay it on a smooth flat surface ie glass. Hold it with light finger pressure. put the needle in the gap between the adaptor and surface and gently rotate needle. Becareful not to puss the needle in to hard or push down on the adaptor to hard. If you do it right you can sort out even "s" bent needles

Glad you got it sorted.
I've found the HP ranges to have VERY stiff air springs. Now replace the needle spring with one from a Pilot Frixion Clicker pen and you will get even more control.

Glad you got it sorted.
I've found the HP ranges to have VERY stiff air springs. Now replace the needle spring with one from a Pilot Frixion Clicker pen and you will get even more control.
you are right about the airspring , I replaced them with the soft Zsolt springs, the needle spring however gets softer over time and if you put in a spring that is too soft the needle wont go all the way back into the nozzle
I found the best way to replace a nozzle on a Iwata HP or a Micron is to place it on the needle first guide it to the brush and screw in in by hand

you are right about the airspring , I replaced them with the soft Zsolt springs, the needle spring however gets softer over time and if you put in a spring that is too soft the needle wont go all the way back into the nozzle

I think you get use to the tension before is goes too soft. That is why I stretched the pen spring in my Micron. In the Eclipse the pen spring is 100% as it is.

I found the best way to replace a nozzle on a Iwata HP or a Micron is to place it on the needle first guide it to the brush and screw in in by hand

That's a very good idea or way to install a needle and nozzle. Thanks

Richard

Back