HP-SB

there is not much difference between the sb and sb+. The preset handle, but that is about it. The performance between the two is the same :).
the nozzle is also different not in size but in shape but I agree there is not much difference between em I just happend to stumble across a used HP SB+ when I was looking for my first airbrush and the price was just right

hehehehe, I even used one of the PZ brushes to piece this thing together, which also uses a HP-B nozzle and Needle - fantastic little brush!
22780383_1277184169053835_4701706820710355376_n.jpg
I’ll tell ya the HP-B I have sprays even better than my MicronSB. There is something about that head that it can spray such tiny thin lines with very little air and effort. The only reason I like the Micron better is it is easier to clean. Some day I may add the Micron B to my collection. That day is far in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist

the nozzle is also different not in size but in shape but I agree there is not much difference between em I just happend to stumble across a used HP SB+ when I was looking for my first airbrush and the price was just right
it is actually more the revised threads on the newer Plus models that makes the nozzles different than the shape - they claim it makes them stronger, and easier to keep centered - in manufacturing, I would call them easier to make ;).

The nozzle threads are larger on the plus for better seating and easier to thread into the body. The older version was too easy to cross thread. The nozzles are made of titanium and the body is Nicole plated copper. Copper being softer would become warn and damaged by cross threading. That is also why it is a good idea to seal the threads of an older brush and not remove the nozzle unless clogged.

http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist

The brush isnt cross threaded. The nozzle went right on with no issues. The thing is it actually sprayed better with old needle and nozzle. Just kept giving me paint when only calling for air. It doesnt do that anymore but sprays like crap.

The brush isnt cross threaded. The nozzle went right on with no issues. The thing is it actually sprayed better with old needle and nozzle. Just kept giving me paint when only calling for air. It doesnt do that anymore but sprays like crap.
not sure what went wrong there did you seal the threads ? it could be leaking if you didnt , a new nozzle and needle always worked like a charm for me

Well i did some reading at lunch break. I might have found the problem. I didnt melt the wax after i put it on. Im really not comfortable setting my airbrush on fire. Think i will try teflon tape tonight.

give a few minutes I just soaked my HP SB nozzle and I am about to put it back into the airbrush without sealing it as I ran out out of the blue loketite that wont glue it in but only seal it and I will test it as soon as I am ready

hehehehe, I even used one of the PZ brushes to piece this thing together, which also uses a HP-B nozzle and Needle - fantastic little brush!
22780383_1277184169053835_4701706820710355376_n.jpg

DaveG,

Looks nice and may do the same with my left over Olympos HP-100SB. What is going on with your air valve though? That does not look to be from the Olympos as it looks nothing like the OEM part. Also Chinese made??
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

I just tested my HP SB+ and it preforms but is a bit slow in the reaction time to the air so I will seal the nozzle as soon as I get some loktite , but I can work with it as it is

DaveG,

Looks nice and may do the same with my left over Olympos HP-100SB. What is going on with your air valve though? That does not look to be from the Olympos as it looks nothing like the OEM part. Also Chinese made??
Regards,
Chris the cabbie
standard valve on the 200b - hold off on doing anything with the left over SB, as I may have found something that works even better...

You use loctite?
yes the blue version that only seals but not glues it in you can always remove it and I always use the sparemax nozzle and airvalve removal tool to install and remove my nozzle .
and I always use the needle as a guide for the nozzle so I am sure I put it in straight as in I put the nozzle on the tip of the needle and carefully push it back in place and give it a few twists with my fingers so I know it is bang on in the threads before I tighten it with the tool making sure I dont use any force

Well i did some reading at lunch break. I might have found the problem. I didnt melt the wax after i put it on. Im really not comfortable setting my airbrush on fire. Think i will try teflon tape tonight.
You only have to hold a small flame on the beeswax for a second or two. Don’t worry about setting it on fire.

i have never sealed a thread anywhere on my brush, not even the hose connection end. I will wipe/scrub a thread with an interdental brush to make sure it is free of debris, rinse with water to flush any debris away, allow it to air dry then reassemble and have never had an issue yet.

Its out of the cleaner. I scrubbed everything down and dried everything off and put the brush back together. It seems to be doing fine. Spray pattern is great no more sputtering. My test sheet isnt that great but thats me getting used to the brush.

Back