HP-SB

First night of practicing with the iwata sb and i do have to say im impressed so far with it. Once i got the bugs out of it it performed very well. All other brushes have been put away to resist the temptation to grab them when something goes wrong. I wish the soft springs were on the needle spring too and not just air valve spring.

you can adjust the needle tension, I'm having internet issues at the moment and cant post a pic so if someone else can that would be great.
I hope i can explain this well enough......
but if you take the 'tail' off the brush, you'll have another threaded part that goes into the body, that the needle goes through. Undo the needle chuck (the one you undo to remove the needle, but you dont need to remove the needle, just undo the chuck) and then undo the threaded part a 1/4 turn, reseat the needle, do up the chuck and test again. repeat as needed but be warned, if you undo it to far you wont be able to put the tail back on again.

you can adjust the needle tension, I'm having internet issues at the moment and cant post a pic so if someone else can that would be great.
but if you take the 'tail' off the brush, you'll have another threaded part that goes into the body, that the needle goes through. Undo the needle chuck (the one you undo to remove the needle, but you dont need to remove the needle, just undo the chuck) and then undo the threaded part a 1/4 turn, reseat the needle, do up the chuck and test again. repeat as needed but be warned, if you undo it to far you wont be able to put the tail back on again.
That has made sense from my POV Jackie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdfd252b848410a90eb8b31939f37cdc.jpg

@JackEb @Rick Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That i know how to do. But when you do that it also increases the distance you have to pull back for paint. Its really not that important as i seem to be getting used to it.

lol Its not fighting you its just keeping you on your toes

Whats going on with it ?

Erratic spray..wish i could cut the end of this needle off so i could have more adjustment on the trigger..

Can you make a video when you are painting so we can see and hear and try to find the problem for you?

what do you mean by more adjustment on the trigger, and the needle being a limiting factor. I read earlier that you could not adjust the spring retainer much, because it alters how far you need to pull the trigger. This is not correct. Adjusting the spring retainer changes nothng about the trigger or needle other than the amount of tension on the return spring.

The #tension adjuster will determine how hard you need to pull back on the trigger to get paint to flow.
The #Back stop adjuster will determine how far back you can pull the trigger. (which your airbrush does not have, but the 'plus' version apparantlly do have)

Just remember to undo the needle chuck before changing the #tension adjuster.

upload_2017-11-2_10-33-57.png

@DaveG
I can only soften the spring tension so much before the back of the needle hits the back of the tail and the tail wont screw back on.

Back