[SOLVED] I got my Paasche Vision yesterday.

T

tortoise

3 days order to door.. yeah. Just wish I could drag myself to my art room/area. I do like the feel of it as it seems a bit heavier than my Crome. Can't compare to the Badgers smooth trigger but I like the ergonomics of its trigger a bit more I think. Now this is all preliminary to using it. I hope to splash some paint tomorrow. I have some basic Createx opaque Black thinned 1 to 1 with water that I've been using in my Crome already made up. The Crome just blows it right out... we'll see what this Vision can do. After having a pair of Klein Linemans pliers in my hand every day for the last 35 years I tend to like the heavier feel more. I was excited and just wanted to tell you all but yesterday was a difficult day to do any typing on this thing. But its here and just waiting for a trial..... I hope I like it as it is a bit pricey to throw in the barely used items drawer. I'll report back soon on it... tortoise

Be good to know what you think, haven't used one of these. :)

I hope to video or at least photo it with some comparisons to the Badger.... at the very least I'll spill a few words good or bad.. I hope its good news so I won't have any regrets about the price..

Learning curves on different brush vary. But it mainly comes down to giving it a good try and then tells us about it.
I do look forward to seeing what you think about it .
Now Question time :D
On your Krome what nozzle are you set up with ? the .2 or the .3?
when you say one to one on the reduction do you mean 1 drop paint to 1 drop water?
On my Krome with the .2 I had to reduce 1 drop paint to 5 drops reducer(W100) for it to flow great at 20 PSI.

Ohhh, im excited to hear!!!! I just purchased one yesterday, so im guessing by Wednesday, I will have it in my hands. LOVE my Krome, but needed the "oval" wide pattern spray foe the much larger projects I currently have going on

I haven't changed the needle and nozzle that my Crome came with so I do believe it's the .2. And yes, when I reduced my paint I used as you point out a drop to a drop. As far as pressure I usually try to keep it low, about 20 psi because I'm still having a time guiding my brush. I have run the pressure up to 50 psi just to see how it behaved and went right back to 20 psi because it exhibited bad behavior...LOL.. Its funny because I had heard and read a million posts of the badger as well as most ab's running small tips having a problem with heavy pigmented paints at low pressure and small amounts of reducer. I was in a hurry last week when I reduced that bottle of paint and forgot to really lighten it up. I mix in these small (about 1 or 1 1/2 oz) bottles I used to use prospecting and I just filled almost half the bottle with black and then topped it off with our famous restorative and healthy water here and it worked. I'll try and do a video when I get into the play room with this Vision and I'll run both Ab's with that mix and 20 lbs pressure. When I realized what I had done I was a bit surprised but it was doing a great job. I'll bet you its our water..
And Meeshe.. your going to have fun with a new ab... I guarantee that even if you hate the brush you'll love the color. I've pulled it out a bunch just to admire that... And really, tons of people pay extra to have a cool color on their cars and bikes so hey, it looks good next to my YZF R1 Superbike... oh yea. And yes, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! At that price this ab will always be cool.. I really do like the feel of the trigger so far. Its just the extra height and the angle on the finger rest that works for me and if it even comes close to the reviews I'll be jazzed. I hope we both like it and aren't disappointed.. and p.s., love that job your doing on the RV. I really hope to paint tomorrow so I'll have some more info on both our water and the Vision... tortoise

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. My 1st day without crutch's in 20 or 25 days.. Love it. First off. Yes, I did get to testing the Vision today. I actually really like it. As compared to my Crome it really can't on an subjective view but I personally find it much easier to control for some weird reason. Its trigger isn't as smooth as the Crome but I think its angle and design contribute to a bit more control. I can definitely get a finer line on the Vision much easier than all my ab's. Right now if I had to choose between the two... I would find it just to hard to do and take the penalty and both brush's. Its a situation where I really like them both... But I assure you that the Crome is still smoother..

Meeshe- I didn't get to try the fan tip today but I really think your going to like this ab. If it works well with the fan tip I could see a person using it for your whole project just switching to the fan tip for the larger coverage and then back to the regular tip for detail. It will do detail. Some fine lines in that box for sure. While I noticed the less than Crome smoothness immediately I didn't give up on it and found that it can hold its own in the finished product part of things.

Mr Micron- Ah ha. If you get over this way bring a big jug. I guess its the water. I swear, even the Vision with its small tip handled the paint at 20 psi. As to my air pressure its a definite as I have 2 pressure gauges, the one on the compressor and the one I added at the manifold I set up for the dryer. Today is really the first day I've been up in a while and I got tired pretty quick. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and show what both can kind of do. I am a newby and don't really profess a great deal of knowledge.. But having the Crome allows me a very good comparison. Now as to the 1 to 1 reduction and 20 psi I really don't have any idea of why I'm getting paint flow and the rest of the ab world isn't. Please chime in here folks if their is anyone else out there having this kind of success. I checked the tips and for sure their the small ones that come with each ab (.2's) . I know its crazy but it really might just be the water here in T or C. I'll try White tomorrow. That will help work out this issue. As usual when you get a new toy, I'm jazzed. I like the Vision and I'm not disappointed..uh rah... tortoise

Well now when you said bring a jug no problem, Blueberry or straight shine? Yes I will bring the jug full of shine then we drink it dry and I will fill it with Tor C water:D that will make is a win win right.
But yes white will be the tell all test on how much tip dry you get . So let me know

Awesome!! Thanks for the review!! Nothing will ever tear me away from my Krome,..ever lol,,, but I was sucked in with the fan pattern!!

Well, I must be retarded, cause I switched everything over in the Paasche, and put the fan nozzle head on....AND....nothing. cant get a wide spray pattern if I tried. So, as of this moment, im not a big fan of this gun. If I cant get it working, its going back. Haven't tried it with the normal needle, and heads, honestly, dont have time. Also, not a huge fan with all the damn o rings...me and those cute little skinny suckers HATE each other

Well, I must be retarded, cause I switched everything over in the Paasche, and put the fan nozzle head on....AND....nothing. cant get a wide spray pattern if I tried. So, as of this moment, im not a big fan of this gun. If I cant get it working, its going back. Haven't tried it with the normal needle, and heads, honestly, dont have time. Also, not a huge fan with all the damn o rings...me and those cute little skinny suckers HATE each other

From what I understand, the fan tip requires the .66mm setup. But I don't know sh!t about Paasche brushes. I read up on the talon a while back during my Airbrush Acquisition days, but bought something else instead. I'm still an Iwata and H&S fan, don't think I really need anything else.

Back