I may not be good with one BUT I GOT ONE!!

Oh and I just caved in and purchased a Micron C SB to go with the CM C, its been a tuff week, and I have the Bloodline coming up tomorrow from MegaStore. Astride in Brisbane carries the Schminkie Aero colours which are really good too - very vibrant. The Spray Gloss varnish is amazing - It makes the Yupo paper look like a photo. :)

Hahahaha okay you're now just going for the "Most Shiny Toys" award. Nice choice to also get the SB mate! Straight away we can tell you're not married with children because NO-ONE goes and buys two customs within a month if they're married and have children!! :):):)
What's the Spray Gloss varnish you're referring to mate?

Hehe. Married with 3 children :)
Schminkie Clear airbrush varnish finisher,
Looks great and smells strong!!

And you spray the gloss varnish onto the Yupo paper before you paint on it to get a good scratch-able surface... correct?

Okay so it just seals up the artwork and protects the paint then? Sorry but I haven't gotten to this stage as all the projects I have done have been done to help me realise what effects I need to practice more on and so off I go back to more drills and exercises :). Doing the projects takes away the boredom of the drills and helps to identify the areas that I need to improve on. So in summary, you only use the Varnish on completion to seal it up?

Yes. It also makes the colours deeper and gives a more photo finish to my work. And i think seals it from dust.

Okay thanks musicmacd. One last query then before you knock off (if you haven't already :)) ... where do I get it from please? I just googled Astride in Brisbane and nothing came up. Do they have a website that you go to please mate?

And you spray the gloss varnish onto the Yupo paper before you paint on it to get a good scratch-able surface... correct?

You do not need anything on Yupo to make it take a blade or eraser. It does that really easy. Just use fresh blades.

You will definitely need a sealant if you paint on Yupo. Artist acrylic varnish should be fine.

You do not need anything on Yupo to make it take a blade or eraser. It does that really easy. Just use fresh blades.

You will definitely need a sealant if you paint on Yupo. Artist acrylic varnish should be fine.

I use the Krylon Archival Varnish on mine. Depending on the painting I use satin or matte, they both work out pretty well

Thanks AndreZA and Jagardn. I appreciate that little bit of feedback. I want to start moving onto better substrates but for practice purposes have just used office scrap paper and 100gsm A3 paper for a few practice projects.
I want to move on to doing something to hang so I appreciate the clarification on the YUPO and the finishing varnishes. Didn't even realise that I should / could be using them so appreciate the information. I'll go and find some near me. Cheers guys!

All good :)

Where's this Astride business? I can't see a web address for same although I limited myself to a quick google of the name and locality :)

Not sure how astride got put there? Maybe the spell check thing went crazy?
Artshed is where I get the Schminkie from :)

Back