Infinity Harder&Steenbeck

X

xvwarrior

Hi all, Im seriously looking at buying the Infinity 2 in 1 by Harder & Steenbeck. Is anyone using one of these and if so can you highlight any of the goods v bad points?

Cheers all

Ivan

Good points
Very good quality
Can get awesome detail
Much cheaper then a Micron
Sexy Iron Man colour scheme

Bad points
Not a Micron
Soft needle
Gold will come off after a lot of handling

Like Andre' said above, plus it depends what you want to do with it and how good your ab control is.

Lee

Many thanks you guys,
I have a CM plus 0.25 amongst other iwata's so this new addition will only be used for "really" fine stuff, although i can see the larger set-up being usefull at times. I do know a proffessional who uses these brushes and I was surprised when he told me how many needles he got through, I just put it down to the quantity of work he was doing, makes sense now AndreZA . many thanks again guys, the order is in. LOL
Ivan

Iwata only ! :)

Envoyé depuis mon Android via Tapatalk 4!

Many thanks you guys,
I have a CM plus 0.25 amongst other iwata's so this new addition will only be used for "really" fine stuff, although i can see the larger set-up being usefull at times. I do know a proffessional who uses these brushes and I was surprised when he told me how many needles he got through, I just put it down to the quantity of work he was doing, makes sense now AndreZA . many thanks again guys, the order is in. LOL
Ivan

The soft needle thing is not an issue if you use the pronged needle cap as it was designed. I use mine pretty much daily and have not had issues with damaging needles. The H&S brushes have the best pronged cap on the market in my opinion, its not threaded, just slides off and on and can be easily set to any angle to allow the user to see the needle. I personally set mine at about 45 degrees(roughly at the 2 and 8 o'clock positions). I can easily see the needle that way being right handed. You can also easily get to the needle for removing tip try. I personally use a small piece of a natural sponge dampened with a denatured alcohol/water mix. The only time I remove my cap is if I am trying to get an ultra fine line or dot, which is rare.

The .15 is great for fine detail, but reductions are more critical. Not so bad with ETAC, but CI and Wicked take some more reduction accuracy to make sure you can pull really fine lines. The .4 is great as a workhorse, I have been using it more and more for my generalized spraying instead of my detail setup. I actually prefer the .2 nozzle set for detail(doesn't come with the Infinity), it is a bit more forgiving and very capable of detail.
I personally prefer my H&S Evolution AL Plus over the Micron for comfort, weight, and trigger action. I still like the Micron, but always grab my Evo when going to do a painting.

If they ever release the Infinity AL version I will probably buy it an sell my current CR Plus.

Here is a PM I sent to Mr Micron a while back when he asked about in Infinity

The thing I will say about H&S brushes, they are the most innovative and versatile airbrushes on the market.
- Nozzles range from .15-.6mm, and are the easiest to change.
- Nozzles are large so they are easy to handle and see(the "Soft Brass" thing doesn't really matter, the needles/nozzles have the same taper, you couldn't damage the nozzle by trying to push the needle through the front if you tried)
- Paint cups are removable and they have "Micro Cup", .2ml to .5ml
- Trigger tension is adjustable without removing the handle(Infinity only)
- Best Quick Set handle(though I never use it, so its null and void to me)
- H&S is the only airbrushes I know of that have an adjustment for the air valve tension.

Basically what it comes down to, if I had to own just one airbrush, it would be the Infinity, because the accessories and options available make it the most versatile one on the market. Just my opinion.
I do love my Micron. I would say it is the best detail gun on the planet, but it I can't use it for everything.

I use iwata and h&s brushes. Imo both work very good and neither can be an excuse if the results arent satisfying. ;)

I never had a problem with soft needles so far unless i did a mistake that would have bent all brands needles. The nozzle nevertheless widens with the time imo. Could be an users issue aswell though. ;)

The parts are cheap though and so you can switch between 0.15 0.2 0.4 etc very quick. The interchangeability is one big advantage with h&s. I use an evolution regulary for all around work.

I am just a newbie, but I did decide on, and buy an infinity 2 in 1. Back, 20 years ago, I had a badger 150 fx, and that is my only comparison. As a beginner, my views are, maybe simple, but perhaps still relevant.
I found the quality to be excellent, beautifully made. It is very simple to dismantle and clean. I use the two prong cap for needle protection and I don't find it a problem. I started using the 0.4 which was a very easy setup. I have now moved onto the 0.15 and having sorted my air pressure and reduction for my preferred wicked paints, I love it. I find it quite smooth, I like the cut away for paint clearing, and the needle stop button, it's just well sorted. Very happy. As I say, just a newbie with not much experience.

Guys as ever your comments are much appreciated, I thank you all.

I realised how old the post was, sorry, I am over a year late, I guess you already made your decision. Oooops should pay more attention, that goes for my airbrushing too! Cheers

To balance things a bit:
I don't like the H&S airbrushes that much. Don't like the trigger, and I feel that they need higher pressure to get the job done. They wear out a lot faster than any other airbrushes I've owned, and I've had customers that felt the same.
Not a bad airbrush, but not the Micron killer people make of it.

To balance things a bit:
I don't like the H&S airbrushes that much. Don't like the trigger, and I feel that they need higher pressure to get the job done. They wear out a lot faster than any other airbrushes I've owned, and I've had customers that felt the same.
Not a bad airbrush, but not the Micron killer people make of it.

Interesting, I am thinking of a second brush, and have been looking at a krome, good value, or going for a micron version one, which are being sold off. My concern is the cost of spares, but would you say they are a lot more reliable, and thus worth the money?

Spares are expensive for Microns. From that point of view, the H&S airbrushes are good. On the other hand, I have used my Microns for years, and havn't needed to buy any spares so far.

I used mine all the time in the UK.... Loved it.... But found spares to be a bit expensive here in Canada... So went over to Mojo's. Do like em though.

Back