Interesting discovery, 4030

@J000seph I would have to say that, going by the pictures that were posted, there appears to have been a change of some sort. I've had two bottles of 4030, and they were milky white right from the moment I got them (they were received in fair weather conditions). In the photograph that LeakyValve posted the one on the left looks like the plastic of the bottle has not changed, but the liquid itself appears to be more clear. Not sure.
I'll know in a few days or so, as I need to order more.
For reference, the 4030 I have hasn't changed in appearance, only in fluidity.

I shoot 2k thinners through to clear anything out :) followed by some plain water to wash any thinners out. So restorer isn't too different.

Lee

I just use plutonium. It clears things out with just one simple flush. The glow in the dark properties my airbrush has taken on are great for those low light situations as well, or when I want to paint with paints that have glow powder in them.

Joking aside: What would be the concern with using thinners and such to clean things out? The O-ring? Between paints, I tend to use the airbrush cleaner sold by createx, and then alternate that with water a couple times, but I feel I usually have to do a break-down/clean/re-build cycle as well, just to get the needle clean.

I just use plutonium. It clears things out with just one simple flush. The glow in the dark properties my airbrush has taken on are great for those low light situations as well, or when I want to paint with paints that have glow powder in them.

Joking aside: What would be the concern with using thinners and such to clean things out? The O-ring? Between paints, I tend to use the airbrush cleaner sold by createx, and then alternate that with water a couple times, but I feel I usually have to do a break-down/clean/re-build cycle as well, just to get the needle clean.

Thinners would only be a problem if your brush/gun has rubber seals, equipment with Teflon/PTFE won't suffer at all with thinners, my brush has one rubber seal which is the needle packing, I still use thinners but I keep the brush tilted nose down so the thinners can't flow back to the seal or trigger cavity, if I need to spray it out, I'll just spray that into a paper towel at an open window.

Back