Is this good?

Thanks for all the advice! I really appreciate it.

No thanks necessary, everyone here wants you to succeed with this amazing medium, we have all made the newbie mistakes as you have probably realised so we want to avoid others having the same grief.

As you stated you don't want to spend too much money on a hobby that you may discover isn't your scene, that's perfectly understandable, but if you start out with equipment from a recognised and trusted brand it has a resale value should you decide you don't wish to continue airbrushing whereas as soon as you purchase a cheap brush all effectively have is scrap metal with no value at all.

We do know you will have lots of fun when your equipment works from the word go so when you start post your first successes, that's all the thanks we need:thumbsup:

Have a look around at badger brushes I mentioned, badger airbrushes seem to be very popular with modellers and are very often sold as part of a kit, I'll have a look too and post what I find.

No thanks necessary, everyone here wants you to succeed with this amazing medium, we have all made the newbie mistakes as you have probably realised so we want to avoid others having the same grief.

As you stated you don't want to spend too much money on a hobby that you may discover isn't your scene, that's perfectly understandable, but if you start out with equipment from a recognised and trusted brand it has a resale value should you decide you don't wish to continue airbrushing whereas as soon as you purchase a cheap brush all effectively have is scrap metal with no value at all.

We do know you will have lots of fun when your equipment works from the word go so when you start post your first successes, that's all the thanks we need:thumbsup:

Have a look around at badger brushes I mentioned, badger airbrushes seem to be very popular with modellers and are very often sold as part of a kit, I'll have a look too and post what I find.
I greatly appreciate the kind words!

Hello everyone. I'm looking at a compressor here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Badger-AirB...754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f4dcfd112

I was wondering if I need to purchase a regulator or how this works. I'm sorry for being such a noob. lol. Oh, and I've decided on this airbrush: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Iwata-M...259?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58bb84db03

Be gentle with the Neo. The needle and nozzle are fragile.

That compressor looks pretty tired, and notice how much the shipping is. Yes, you should have a regulator so you can control air pressure. I would rather have this compressor.

Don

Thank you! Looks like a good deal and I have 20% off harbor freight coupon :)

The 20% off may not apply to sale items and this thing is always on sale. Most any shop compressor would also work if you don't mind the noise.

Don

Man that light saber is the bomb! You have access to a 3d printer? I would go nuts sit that! I agree with everyone, get something decent to start with, then if you don't like it you can mabey recoup some cash and sell it.

Thank you! Looks like a good deal and I have 20% off harbor freight coupon :)

Even at the full price it makes more sense than paying the extra for a regulator on the second hand compressor, the problem with second hand stuff is that it is often being sold for a reason more sinister than you may be led to believe, and since Don's Harbour Freight link already has the regulator it works roughly the same price so definitely a better deal, despite brand name on it it's the same as what I have but mine has small 3 litre tank, but this one would certainly suit your purpose, if you get the bug like the rest of us, you can always upgrade later once you know you want to stick at it.

Again as Don said, the needle and nozzle on the Neo are very fragile but as long as you don't knock against your work and your careful with cleaning it will serve you well, The Neo for Iwata is not made by Iwata but made under licence elsewhere, this isn't a problem since they still carry a guarantee, but if you do need spares for it the spares are just as expensive as Iwata parts, but for a little extra you could find the Iwata eclipse CS which has more beginner friendly stronger parts.

The problem with airbrushing is that if you do decide "Hell yeah, this is for me" you automatically want all the best stuff no matter what it costs;)

Back