Iwata airbrush build date codes

T

TacticalBacon02

Hi guys. I just got my new hi line HP-CH in and I noticed the build date code of RG. My eclipse is PC. Is there a chart anywhere that shows what date is which? Just for the fun of curiosity
8b764592a4b309f0fedd2aab3515703e.jpg
43f9414f96ff4fd84f49bb048263126b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep there is. I have it at home on my computer. If I think of it later, I'll post it, unless someone beats me to it.

Hi Wayne, if you found the time, please post it here. I am kinda curious.
My Iwata HP-C Plus is also "RG" and I wondered what that means.

Seems its more about telling a real from a fake, not an expert on Iwata's though but would doubt they would want those that copy their brushes having such info or chart/engraving meanings as it seems to relate to date and manufacturing plant used, but hey a chart may indeed exist but from their blog-

"To answer your questions. Most copies do not have the words Iwata engraved on them. However, recently we have seen a few coming in from China with the name Iwata on them. One of the best ways to tell is that along with the name and the word Japan, there is a batch code. Its 2 letters near the bottom edge of the body. We have the master key to be able to distinguish these batch codes as real or fraudulent."

So yer dunno....

Crap guys I forgot all about it. Thanks Bossman for getting it out .

So mine being CL is November 2003?

Pity it only has a 5 year warrantee then hey LOL..Good info and something I think every potential Iwata purchaser should have in their pocket when buying one otherwise you too may get an antique and in essence makes their warratee pretty much null and void as soon as you have it, if of course they are strict enough to go off the actual dates of manufacture LOL

Heh. I imported my HP-C+ from Japan. I sure hope it doesn't break down. Shipping would be quite painful.

Pity it only has a 5 year warrantee then hey LOL..Good info and something I think every potential Iwata purchaser should have in their pocket when buying one otherwise you too may get an antique and in essence makes their warratee pretty much null and void as soon as you have it, if of course they are strict enough to go off the actual dates of manufacture LOL

Luckily mine has just been back to the shop where I bought it and had a good service so that it now works a lot better than it did beforehand, it was covered under the shop warranty and they did me proud, just as lucky for me is the shop is only 20 minutes from where I live.

Even though the issue I had turned out to be my own fault they still didn't charge me a penny, can't really argue with that. but they now I spend a lot of money there.

Warranties are normally from date of purchase, not manufacturing. Otherwise quite a few items will be out of warranty before it is sold.

Hello.I have been "destroying" a couple of airbrushes in the last two years(h&s evolution silverline 2 in 1 and a iwata eclipse for learning).Now i've got the chance of buying an iwata micron cm-c plus(is a present)But there is a new one,the cm-c2plus,that is the succesor.I've been searching info and prices and I 've found one on eBay but there are two things that makes me doubt.First of all is the price.It is 100€ cheaper than in a store.And the other thing is the code it has:cm c plus HG(with the table below :2008 July)impossible if it is a new one.Here is the link
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=261660816994
What should i do??maybe spend a bit more and buy in a "good" shop.
Greetings from Spain!!!

Its because its coming from japan were they are made but if i remember rightly when i asked about importing one i was told ypu would have to pay tax on top of it when i go's thro customs, well that was uk US might be differnt, plus i something go's wrong its a hell of a lot of trouble to send it back. My advice as was told to me was stay away from ebay when it comes to buying a decent expensive AB.

It doesn't say version 2 on the box in the picture, so I would leave it alone, by from a reputable shop near you and make sure you know other people have ordered from the same source, either version is too much money for taking risks.

I've always been laughing a bit about the "no warranty" scare tactics by Iwata and other companies, trying to stop importing from markets where goods are less expensive.
The warranty only covers problems that aren't related to wear or inflicted damage. So the only thing it covers are if anything major suddenly breaks without explaination. Something like the welding of the cup or similar. In normal use I have never seen anything like that happen. Usually, the price difference between an airbrush sold in as an example, Hong Kong and an airbrush sold in Europe is larger than replacing nozzle, needle and packings a couple of times. I will keep on buying where the best price is to be found. Pay with credit card, and check descriptions carefully, and you will be almost as safe as buying locally.

• I know this thread is a tad old...but I purchased one of the Iwata CM-CP2's from a Japanese seller on Ebay and just got it today. Its the real deal. I have Iwata airbrushes that are anywhere from 1-10 years old and I have never seen a defect in materials or workmanship that would even require sending one in for warranty work. I have no problem saving $215+ by purchasing from that particular seller. Communication was great, shipping was super fast, (3 days to the US), and there were no Customs fees, taxes, or Import duties at all. Why anyone in their right mind would not buy one because of not having a warranty that will in all honesty never be used is beyond me.

Back