Iwata custom leaking air

S

Smiler65

just finished some practice, but while I was wiping my tip with cleaner on a tissue, I noticed that I had air bubbles coming around from the main head joint next to the body and from around the air nozel that screws onto the main head, these were very tight and needed assistance to undo,couldn't get them undone with fingers.

Anyway striped the brush down for a thorough clean but the o rings on either side of the needle wouldn't come out,I didn't force the issue so left them in place,could they be damaged from how tight everything was around them, and is it normal for things to be that tight.
My harder and steenbeck could be undone by hand.

You could use some liquid seal on it but it isn't something to worry about. Cleaner is thinner than paint it seems and I have the same with all my Iwata's.

When I do a thorough cleaning I'll add some liquid seal to those parts but to be honest thats more out of general pinciple, it doesn't enhance the performance.

If you see paint in those area's that's a problem though. It should seal good enough to prevent paint from getting there.

Last edited:
You could use some liquid seal on it but it isn't something to worry about. Cleaner is thinner than paint it seems and I have the same with all my Iwata's.

When I do a through cleaning I'll add some liquid seal to those parts but to be honest thats more out of general pinciple, it doesn't enhance the performance.

If you see paint in those area's that's a problem though. It should seal good enough to prevent paint from getting there.

Thanks haasje
That's a relieve
No paint coming through just air:thumbsup:
Need to improve my cleaning method though as I had flushed,back flushed, emptied cup then flushed again then took the needle out and still had paint on it:(

Thanks haasje
That's a relieve
No paint coming through just air:thumbsup:
Need to improve my cleaning method though as I had flushed,back flushed, emptied cup then flushed again then took the needle out and still had paint on it:(
Do everything you did, pull and wipe the needle, then repeat. That has worked well for me quite a while. Actually, after the first backflush and flush, I generally put some denatured alcohol or Createx HP reducer in the cup and let it sit for about 10 minutes. It helps loosen any remaining paint.

Back