Iwata Eclipse HP-CS trigger question

Joe A

Needle-chuck Ninja
Hi guys. Last night I started on my first project that isn't an exercise.

I noticed that my quick disconnect male adapter was a little loose so I tightened it. When I did that, I noticed that depressing the trigger was very stiff and it wouldn't spring back up. Once I loosened the quick connect adapter it worked fine. I can tighten it just *barely* enough to make it slightly snug without leaking but it doesn't feel like it should work this way.

I've disassembled it before for cleaning but have never touched the valve part since I got it a few months ago. Do any of you have any idea what might be causing this? Am I just not supposed to tighten it that much (by hand/finger tight).

It was late last night and I'm at work right now but the issue was bothering me so I thought I'd post. A search for trigger issues on here didn't seem to describe exactly what I'm experiencing but I may have missed something. I'm going to do a thorough inspection when I get home but any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the O-ring inside the quick connect. sometimes it will pinch up and cause the trigger not to be able to work well.

Check the O-ring inside the quick connect. sometimes it will pinch up and cause the trigger not to be able to work well.

Thanks. I'll check for that when I get home this evening.

is it possible you are also tightening the air valve section when you tighten the quick connect ? you may also be squashing the o-ring in there too.
a little Teflon tape before you put the quick connect on will remove the need to over tighten it.

is it possible you are also tightening the air valve section when you tighten the quick connect ? you may also be squashing the o-ring in there too.
a little Teflon tape before you put the quick connect on will remove the need to over tighten it.
I have teflon tape on it but I suppose a little more wouldn't hurt. I'm going to check the o-rings first when I get home in about an hour. Thanks

I've had that happen to me many times. They squeeze themselves into the airvalve and snug up the piston. I'm no using ones that has rubber washers instead of o-rings.

Hey guys, I disassembled it and wiped down each part carefully and put it all back together and it worked. I also replaced the teflon tape on the quick disconnect and gave it a little extra. Everything is nice and snug and the trigger is working fine now.

By the way, peeking into the quick disconnect male, the little black gasket does look more like a tiny rubber washer than an o-ring. It's an Iwata branded QD.
b8e6a23724b74b8fb538c2cd4bf6f528.jpg

Back