Iwata Eclipse trigger question

Well it happened and you were right about finding a paint that works.
I am now on the right path thanks indirectly to old posts from Squishy and Andre, promoting Wicked and ComArt respectively. I had some ComArt as a 'bonus' that came with my Eclipse. Had lotsa problems, and without a doubt due to inexperience.
So I bought some Wicked Detail, along with 4012 highly touted by Squishy.
Not real crazy about the Details' saturation, but that fact was there for me to read. Just didnt see it, but it will have its place here.
Back to the Com-art and it was better with my practice, but still not crazy about it.

Then I found Andres post(s) today (from 2012?) regarding using Com-art with Iwata medium, which seems to be kind of a secret. Figured if Andre wont use Com-art without the Iwata Medium, what chance does a newb have at being satisfied? I know people use it successfully, but I just cant seem to 'get it to go' like I want.
Didnt have the Iwata Medium of course, but what I did have now is the 4012 that came with the Wicked.

So I used some of the 4012 and reduced blue Comart by about 30% and shot some at 15psi. OMG the sun come out and the world suddenly became nothing but butterflies and roses! Its just fabulous.

Now I finally get yet another thing that you guys have been saying. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I found today that using Golden airbrush medium works really well in Createx Illustration Paint. I had no issues with tip dry or spitting blobs of paint. I still used my Etac today only because I didn't want to try to color match what I had already mixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm
Well it happened and you were right about finding a paint that works.
I am now on the right path thanks indirectly to old posts from Squishy and Andre, promoting Wicked and ComArt respectively. I had some ComArt as a 'bonus' that came with my Eclipse. Had lotsa problems, and without a doubt due to inexperience.
So I bought some Wicked Detail, along with 4012 highly touted by Squishy.
Not real crazy about the Details' saturation, but that fact was there for me to read. Just didnt see it, but it will have its place here.
Back to the Com-art and it was better with my practice, but still not crazy about it.

Then I found Andres post(s) today (from 2012?) regarding using Com-art with Iwata medium, which seems to be kind of a secret. Figured if Andre wont use Com-art without the Iwata Medium, what chance does a newb have at being satisfied? I know people use it successfully, but I just cant seem to 'get it to go' like I want.
Didnt have the Iwata Medium of course, but what I did have now is the 4012 that came with the Wicked.

So I used some of the 4012 and reduced blue Comart by about 30% and shot some at 15psi. OMG the sun come out and the world suddenly became nothing but butterflies and roses! Its just fabulous.

Now I finally get yet another thing that you guys have been saying. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

well you may have helped others by 'dragging up' old info, I admit I didn't see the post from Andre, so that's something I will try at some point. :thumbsup:
as for your disappointment with the saturation of the Detail....... can you elaborate..... ?
are you expecting 'instant' colour, full coverage type of thing ? Most Paint wont give you 'full' colour with just one pass, that (to me) is a bonus, it means I can build up colour as I want, slowly.

Jack, the saturation of the Detail seems light, but then again I'm not really sure what I'm comparing it to. I may find that its just what I like once I get further into this game. Just for now, I was expecting less layering for full coverage.
As you know, I'm starting way down there on the experience ladder so nothing I write should be taken as anything but a new guy comment.
Matter of fact I'm so low that you may walk out in the morning and see my butt sticking out of the dirt down there.

....hate to waste this opportunity for the Queen to add to: "I'm so low....(reserved for Squishy edits) :)

I like to dig up old posts and repost them if it might help someone else thats also new to this emotional chaos. I just hate starting new threads over little things that may/may not help someone.
So sorry gang if it seems like I'm taking this in a million directions that started with the trigger. Just stuff that I feel is worth mentioning in a 'blurp'.

Just bear in mind one of the properties of the 4012 is quicker drying and tougher cure, so any erasing has to be done pretty quickly.

Thats good to know! I'm a ways off from detail erasing at this point though, so need to log that in for the future. Unless I find that the 4012 gives me problems with the current erasers I am using.
A match and/or a belt sander. lol

Jack, the saturation of the Detail seems light, but then again I'm not really sure what I'm comparing it to. I may find that its just what I like once I get further into this game. Just for now, I was expecting less layering for full coverage.
As you know, I'm starting way down there on the experience ladder so nothing I write should be taken as anything but a new guy comment.
Matter of fact I'm so low that you may walk out in the morning and see my butt sticking out of the dirt down there.

I sincerely doubt that you are the only one who was surprised at the lack of coverage a pass with an airbrush can give. I seriously doubt even an opaque paint wont give 100% coverage on one pass . A lot of people seem to have the thought in their head that the coverage should be like a traditional hairy brush and paint, working with an airbrush seems more akin to doing watercolour to me.

....hate to waste this opportunity for the Queen to add to: "I'm so low....(reserved for Squishy edits) :)

That's cool, I need a new bike rack so your butt will come in handy..........
I cant believe @Squishy has taken this long to respond to that open door . . :sus: I dare say she's lurking somewhere . .

I like to dig up old posts and repost them if it might help someone else thats also new to this emotional chaos. I just hate starting new threads over little things that may/may not help someone.
So sorry gang if it seems like I'm taking this in a million directions that started with the trigger. Just stuff that I feel is worth mentioning in a 'blurp'.
Thats good to know! I'm a ways off from detail erasing at this point though, so need to log that in for the future. Unless I find that the 4012 gives me problems with the current erasers I am using.
A match and/or a belt sander. lol

digging up old threads is a good refresher forus, there is so much info to take in that it can be hard to remember what we saw. As for taking a thread in a million directions, that's known as hijacking, self hijacking is a popular and someone else jacking the thread. It all makes for interesting reading and the banter helps ease any perceived heavy handedness in some responses. (very rare but occasionally someone will throw a quick response to a query and it can sometimes come off 'harsh' if its not proof read prior to hitting the 'post reply' button)

Erasing doesn't always need to be reserved for detail work. the belt sander would be handy if you're aiming at a brushed aluminium look to a background, and the match should be saved for when you're still up at 2am wondering why things aren't working :)

Well it gives people somewhere to park their bike.lol Don't worry if you're feeling bummed, its easy to feel like you're a little behind, as long as you give it a good crack, you wont stay at the rear for long, we all started at the bottom - you'll soon be feeling like prime rump and peachy in no time. :D

The Details can usually stand a bit less reduction which can make them more instantly vibrant, but they are meant to be used in layers. The more layers, the more intense the colour. This and the fact that colours will bleed through - so yellow over blue will shift to green, means you get infinate depth and blends of colour directly on your surface. Building up slowly you are able to get more control and subtlety.

Wicked Color is a semi opaque paint and Wicked Detail is the transparent line.

The point of opaque is not a one coat coverage. What opaque paints do is once you reach full color saturation the color will not darken and further. It also will cover other colors once it is at full saturation. That is the whole idea behind a buffed color system. That way when you erase or scratch into the base layer to the substrate you can mist the buffed color over the bare surface creating a soft highlight without creating a color shift on the base layer. Now you can continue to cover the highlights until you are back at the original base coat. Once the highlights are set you can tint with transparent misting to shift the color. However knowing and doing sometimes eludes me. I have not mastered skin textures using this method yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Airbrush Dreams. Once again in one strong swipe you covered a lot of questions. :thumbsup:
I have a different type application that I'd like to explore with that now. Thank You.

Back