Iwata HP-C Plus - Amazon UK has a good price

Well, after working with the HP-C+ and Sotar, I still prefer the spring tension for the valve on the Sotar. Debating on what to do, I looked up the price for the spring ($20.00 U.S.) and decided to go a different route.

Not sure where you are based but @Lion-Art sells these from his shop in The Netherlands for 5 euros each. I just ordered a couple for my HP C+. And shipping cost to UK is very good too.

I've heard that some people have replaced springs using ones out of retractable pens but I don't think I would want to try that.

Out of curiosity what is the diameter of the spring.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

So has the eclipse arrived yet? Let us know how you get on with it.

Lee

I'm still on an oil rig in Denmark at the moment but I'm booked off tomorrow now the job has finished. I'll be home tomorrow so I'll see if I have a little package awaiting for me from Japan :)

Not sure where you are based but @Lion-Art sells these from his shop in The Netherlands for 5 euros each. I just ordered a couple for my HP C+. And shipping cost to UK is very good too.

I've heard that some people have replaced springs using ones out of retractable pens but I don't think I would want to try that.

Out of curiosity what is the diameter of the spring.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Ifs smaller than a pen spring. I looked into that option as well. It might work, but the brushs spring is half the diameter of a pens. I am from the USA. I had looked online. I retrofitted my spring and it works great.

There is nothing wrong with trimming the springs. It's been done for yonks. It's just easier to buy the correct one as they are normally the same price as a stock one.

Ifs smaller than a pen spring. I looked into that option as well. It might work, but the brushs spring is half the diameter of a pens. I am from the USA. I had looked online. I retrofitted my spring and it works great.

The pen springs are used for the needle and not the air.

So it finally arrived today from Japan land. On the outside of the box, for shipping docs it states that....

It's miscellaneous goods and the worth is 5.88. So in terms of customs coming after you, it's negligable.

I've not used it yet... but I stripped it down to service and prep it and straight away you can see a lot of differences to a cheapo Chinese one. I'll get some pics of noticeable differences.

Really looking forward to giving this a go tomorrow.

Just finished bailing 53 bails of hay today and sorting some out buildings so was robbed of the joy to play with my new toy, anyways here's some piccis to wet the appetite :D

T2b3QkC.jpg

pPkhwCX.jpg

yumtL2o.jpg

BPdyBdz.jpg

So it finally arrived today from Japan land. On the outside of the box, for shipping docs it states that....

It's miscellaneous goods and the worth is 5.88. So in terms of customs coming after you, it's negligable.

I've not used it yet... but I stripped it down to service and prep it and straight away you can see a lot of differences to a cheapo Chinese one. I'll get some pics of noticeable differences.

Really looking forward to giving this a go tomorrow.

Just finished bailing 53 bails of hay today and sorting some out buildings so was robbed of the joy to play with my new toy, anyways here's some piccis to wet the appetite :D

T2b3QkC.jpg

pPkhwCX.jpg

yumtL2o.jpg

BPdyBdz.jpg

I hope you haven't used that PTFE tape on anything, we would normally only use that for an emergency fix when all else fails, if you do use it, use it only on parts that nothing to do with performance so nowhere near the head, being that it is a new brush all it should need is a quick clean of old oil and relube, other than that it should work fine almost out of the box.

If your brush needs really extensive care before use there is generally something wrong with it and it should sent back.

Anyway, I hooe you have lots of fun with it and look forward to seeing your progress with it:)

Looks good. Congratulations. PTFE should only go on the air inlet and only if needed. It is good practice to put wax or chapstick on the threads.

I hope you haven't used that PTFE tape on anything, we would normally only use that for an emergency fix when all else fails, if you do use it, use it only on parts that nothing to do with performance so nowhere near the head, being that it is a new brush all it should need is a quick clean of old oil and relube, other than that it should work fine almost out of the box.

If your brush needs really extensive care before use there is generally something wrong with it and it should sent back.

Anyway, I hooe you have lots of fun with it and look forward to seeing your progress with it:)

I just cleaned and oiled the needle and springs and threads and did it ever so lightly too. It was suggested by Mitch on one of his videos so i thought i would do what he suggested.

Looks good. Congratulations. PTFE should only go on the air inlet and only if needed. It is good practice to put wax or chapstick on the threads.

I was going to put ptfe on the pistol water trap as that is plastic to metal at the air inlet side (not AB to water trap).

Appreciate the comments and advise.

Back