Iwata Hp c + vs paasche raptor the better

Hey @Juan96 how about you go back to the other 3 posts where you asked the same type of question because the answers will be the same. Detail is the operator mostly, the brush a little.

Last edited:
As Mark has said, the operator has a lot to do with the detail that an airbrush will do.
Give a newbie the 'best' detail brush around and they still wouldn't be able to get the same level of detail as an experienced airbrusher using a .5 brush.
Yes a good detail brush will make life a little easier, but you still wont be getting the same level of detail as an experienced airbrusher until you have years of experience.

See what brand name brushes are available locally, and make sure spares are readily available.
This thread... http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/which-airbrush-do-you-use.106/ will give you an idea which brushes are the most popular, (for a good reason)

Stuck on Paasche, Huh? The Raptor is the exact same as the last two you asked about, the Vision, and the Talon - only difference is the size of the color cup... same nozzles, needles, air caps, triggers etc... Just to make it easier - for future reference, you may be able to find an older Vjr, or AB Turbo that might give you the ability to do finer detail than the Iwata. But, any of the modern era Paasche brushes are best used by hobbyist, as they are not the same quality they once were.

Last edited:
Well here is the real answer ... Are you ready for it ? It is different for each airbrush artist on which airbrush works the best for them for everything and anything to include detail. I know a couple of pros who can get more super small fine detail with a good old Iwata Eclipse CS .. Why? Years of practice and learning how to control the airbrush ..
So this is a mute question due to all you are actually getting is each person opinion on what they prefer or what works best for them . That is why most of us have many different brands of airbrushes to see what works for us the best.

So if you want to know the difference buy them both and come to your own decision that is what I and most of the folks on here have done.
For me while Paasche was great back in the day I am not impressed with any of the new ones.

Detail comes from the user like everyone else had said, but out of those two brushes I would go with the hpc, it does have a large cup which imo is to big, take a look at the hp-b or hp-sb, 2ml may sound small but when it comes to airbrushing that is alot of paint.

Back