Iwata hp line or badger sotar

I don't think the end all be all is the micron, the way I'm looking at it is buy a hpb or a micron for roughly the same price, my limited experience says go for the micron again I may be wrong but that's how I'm looking at it.

You can absolutely get parts directly from olympos, that's pretty much the only place to get them now.

http://olympos-airbrush.ocnk.net/product-list/13

And I agree it's so much more than what brush you are using, it's the person behind the brush doing all the hard work

You can absolutely get parts directly from olympos, that's pretty much the only place to get them now.

http://olympos-airbrush.ocnk.net/product-list/13

I am putting this information out there for anyone that may come behind this thread, and read it later on - Olympos airbrushes can be purchased directly from Japan. Not by the company that was originally Olympos, but buy someone that purchased the inventory that remained when Olympos closed it's doors on production. They are good brushes, no doubt. The prices on many make them very attractive. They are sold as is, with no warranty or company support after purchase. They will in fact tell you "if you need a warranty, or are worried, to purchase a different airbrush".

A few replacement parts are listed on their website. If the parts you need are listed there, you can order them directly, and are good to go. If you need to ask what part you may need, or if one part will fit another brush, you will be on your own. The company policy is that parts compatibility between brushes, even within the Olympos line itself, is a "company secret".

A rite well I listened to the advice here and went with a hp-sb non plus model, got a pretty good deal on it with a few extra needles and nozzles that are brand new.
I also have my eye on a used cm-sb V1 that IMO is pretty cheap so I will see if I can grab the micron as well.

Just knowing that iwata and their parts aren't going anywhere and years from now I will be able to still service the brushes is very nice piece of mind.

So now I have my grex xgi with a .2,.3 and .5 needle and will probably keep the .5 in it for larger pieces/pearls and use the hp-sb for a detail gun.
Never used an iwata so hopefully I like it and can pull better detail than the grex.

If you worked with a grex you will love the Iwata , I had the grex XN basicly the same as the HP B just not as good due to the soft needle and nozzle grex used

I've used the xn and the xgi is much better design wise and just better to use. The tritium and genesis is the newer grex model.
But yea I'm excited to be using an iwata I hope the trigger is more precise.
I feel like with the grex the trigger is sloppy and doesn't always release paint at the same spot, this could be user error or the brush.... I'm hoping the brush lol

hey mike from jersey, so i read this whole thread and i just want to say i was totally againsy olympos and iwata, i have a grex xn and xgis2, and lots and lots of other microns, but then i got an iwata hpc for dirt cheap, and i will say the build quality is top notch, i work at a body shop for a living and i appreciate a company who has near perfect weilds and sanding etc etc for their brushes, and i also stumbled on an olymlos hp 100b .4mm trigget sense for dirt cheap with extra needles and all that fun stuff, it is the older version and i have to say that olympos is my favorite next to my grex and holbein toricon, and i also feel everyone is right when they say the user gets fine lines, im able to pull fine lines with my paasvhe millinium, certain brushes make it easier, so even tho i have a micron and .2mm brushes i find myself using a .3mm setup for everything, ill just over reduce for fine lines, so it isnt really about whar bruah is better, i feel its what brush feela like its at home on your hand, that olympos, i was totally against it. but i love it more and more each day, but larger nozzles work best for me, that was my only point lol, you can spend 2 million dollars or 2 dollars on an amazing bruah, but if reduction, air pressure, or even paint arent right, that brush wont work to its full potential, so i feel its more than just a brush that you need to worry about, and i have 15+ airbrushes, but only 3 at the moment that are in my holder, cause they all do everything, and even tho my grex, olympos and holbein are all .3mm, they all spray 100 percent different, my holbein shoots slower and needles more reduction than the rest but the percision i can get is beautiful, and they all cost me around the same amount of money which is $100, my intential is not to belittle anyone or say they are wrong just saying what works for me, and the things i learned

Back