Iwata LPH80 smaller then a detail airgun?

J

Juicegoose

I'm needing something larger then an airbrush to lay down a smoother coat but not as large as regular sized detail gun.
It seems the Iwata LPH80 fits the bill but I've never handled it directly.
Is it smaller with a smaller pattern then most detail guns? Seems like it is very cheap on air and atomizes paint very well plus has many needle options.

Are there other slightly cheaper options out there?

I love my LPH80 but you need a dexent compressor, it foesnt run properly on the iwata compressors even though they say it can. It can spray from 1" to a 6" fan spray pattern and it atomises so smooth is stunning. Easy to clean. I have a cheapo $100 dollar mini spray gun which is pants in comparision, buy cheap buy twice :)

So it puts out a smaller pattern then your 100 dollar detail gun huh?

Rg-3l has a round spray pattern like an airbrush. Same cfm as lph-80 (1.8 cfm).

Lph-80: 13 psi

Rg-3l: 35 psi

I just ordered a Paasche LMG-10. Uses 2 cfm, prefers 30-45 psi, sprays up to a 7 inch pattern. Reasonable specs, decent price, respectable name! As soon as I get to put it through the paces I'll give a full review. :)

ya let us know. I'm actually wanting a fan pattern just don't need anything larger then 4" or so.

ya let us know. I'm actually wanting a fan pattern just don't need anything larger then 4" or so.

The 6 or 7 inch pattern mentioned will assume spraying from around thirty centimeters from your target, if you decrease the distance to your target you will decrease your pattern close to the 4 inches you require, and just thin your paint/lower pressure to suit that distance.

Back