Iwata Micron CM-SB vs Eclipse Hp CS

K

karlwilliams

I have an Eclipse Hp CS that i purchased as my first and only airbrush. I generally work at A4 and wondered whether i would notice a significant difference in detail and control adding a Micron CM-SB to my setup? I like the idea of the side pot but more interested in the feel of the action and delivery, as i would like to see/feel a significant difference to warrant the extra £££.

Thanks in advance

Will you notice the difference.....
OMG YES !!
I have HP-B+. HP-A+ And didn't think I could warrant a CM at my early stage of Airbrushing.... Right place right time Boom, I'm a CM owner when a member here put it up.
The CM is a lot smoother and a lot more consistent and predictable when you pull the trigger.
If you get a chance to buy one or get the family to buy you just one combined birthday/Xmas pressie then do it

I have an Eclipse Hp CS that i purchased as my first and only airbrush. I generally work at A4 and wondered whether i would notice a significant difference in detail and control adding a Micron CM-SB to my setup? I like the idea of the side pot but more interested in the feel of the action and delivery, as i would like to see/feel a significant difference to warrant the extra £££.

Thanks in advance

You will definitely notice a huge difference, atomisation is better even at lower pressures which means can get in real close to achieve astounding detail, it will help with control in this respect although how much control you get will also depend your own dexterity and aim while using it, obviously you need to be in control of the brush as you would with any other brush.

The benefits apply to all microns, but the side feed is a little shorter and lighter than the rest which makes it easier to use.

Will you notice the difference.....
OMG YES !!
I have HP-B+. HP-A+ And didn't think I could warrant a CM at my early stage of Airbrushing.... Right place right time Boom, I'm a CM owner when a member here put it up.
The CM is a lot smoother and a lot more consistent and predictable when you pull the trigger.
If you get a chance to buy one or get the family to buy you just one combined birthday/Xmas pressie then do it

Thanks Jack Much appreciated.

You will definitely notice a huge difference, atomisation is better even at lower pressures which means can get in real close to achieve astounding detail, it will help with control in this respect although how much control you get will also depend your own dexterity and aim while using it, obviously you need to be in control of the brush as you would with any other brush.

The benefits apply to all microns, but the side feed is a little shorter and lighter than the rest which makes it easier to use.

Perfect Thanks Madbrush i think im going to push the button :thumbsup:

Im no where near the level of needing a cm to gain all the benefits,,,,, but i will learn along my journey with one.
I love the side feed due to being able to see straight down the barrel, it does help me with my aim. I modded mine to have a soft air spring, big difference to me, helped me with cramps i was getting. And that trigger action, so smooth....
If you can afford it go for it, if not save for it..

Im no where near the level of needing a cm to gain all the benefits,,,,, but i will learn along my journey with one.
I love the side feed due to being able to see straight down the barrel, it does help me with my aim. I modded mine to have a soft air spring, big difference to me, helped me with cramps i was getting. And that trigger action, so smooth....

Thanks Smiler65 i am convinced i have just placed my order. :)

You will also find reductions become more important aswell as air pressure due to the smaller set up, but once you get to grips with that its all positive's, unless you damage something, spares are a killer price.

I tried that soft spring trigger thing but I still have the cramp in my feet so I switched back:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks Smiler65 i am convinced i have just placed my order. :)

In case you were wondering if there might be any drawbacks with the Micron SB, the answer is yes, and that is just this one, when it comes you are obliged to post a picture of it, before you even use it, that's just in case it suffers from MCS (magnetic concrete syndrome) it happens sometimes when you put it neatly on its stand and it suddenly dives nose first into a concrete floor:confused: I think it's because it's Japanese and made out of the same metal as those planes at pearl harbour, to be safe I keep mine in a cage:thumbsup:

Nice one, you will be grinning like toddler with a bar of chocolate when you first feel that trigger, its like you have come home from a crappy day at work

As I didn't read all the comments above I apologise if I'm repeating people (and this is ofcourse just my oppinion:p)

There certainly is a difference, I'm not sure I'd describe it as huge but when you start doing real fine detail it's more than enough to warrant the price difference. It does requier a decent amount of airbrush control though for one to start noticing it I think.

If you are going to spend the money on a detail brush and can afford it I'd certainly advise to get the cm-sb. Even if you don't yet notice how fine it handles you'll probably end up getting one anyway later on when you've build up the experience to do notice it, so you save the money on an "inbetween brush".

One note though, the cm series are pretty sensitive to stuff like reduction and airpressure if you haven't got a hold on that yet you'll probably get into trouble with this brush. Also due to the costs of replacement parts I'd never recommend it to an absolute beginner (you will break stuff when starting out and for the price of a needle and nozzle you'll have a decent "starter brush":p)

In case you were wondering if there might be any drawbacks with the Micron SB, the answer is yes, and that is just this one, when it comes you are obliged to post a picture of it, before you even use it, that's just in case it suffers from MCS (magnetic concrete syndrome) it happens sometimes when you put it neatly on its stand and it suddenly dives nose first into a concrete floor:confused: I think it's because it's Japanese and made out of the same metal as those planes at pearl harbour, to be safe I keep mine in a cage:thumbsup:
Thats what the soft spring's for keeps it from jumping off the rack.lollollollol:D

Back