Iwata,s from Japan ?

F

ferret

Why is there so much price difference between the Iwata,s that say from Japan to the regular ones on offer in our home countries . The ones on eBay. (New) are a prime example , we are talking half price . Does anyone have any experiences getting them direct from Japan . Did they get a guarantee etc . Was there excessive import duty ? . Or are they really Iwata,s at all ? I would be interested to know before I spend my hard earned especially as at those prices I can get 2 for the price of 1 compared to the UK sellers .

Why is there so much price difference between the Iwata,s that say from Japan to the regular ones on offer in our home countries . The ones on eBay. (New) are a prime example , we are talking half price . Does anyone have any experiences getting them direct from Japan . Did they get a guarantee etc . Was there excessive import duty ? . Or are they really Iwata,s at all ? I would be interested to know before I spend my hard earned especially as at those prices I can get 2 for the price of 1 compared to the UK sellers .
I've recently ordered one from eBay direct from Japan. I picked someone with a great rep so have no worries about it not being genuine I hope. I don't think you will get any warranty apart from manufactures but you will prob have to send back to Japan if anything went wrong,possibly never happen due to quality of iwata in first place.
The import duty I worked out to be about £17 but won't know for sure until it lands at my door which will be anytime now. I'll let you know what I got stung for it when it arrives.
I personally thought it was worth the risk as you already said mine will hopefully be less than halve price including duties.

I have just recieved my HP-BH+ from Japan for £80 posted and it`s spot-on he has even offered me 10% discount on future purchases:thumbsup:

It's to do with sales and export taxes, when you order from Japan they aren't adding any of their usual taxes, the problem here is that when you do order from there you run the risk of having your goods seized by customs in your own country, they can sometimes be held for months on end and you end paying even more than would have had ordered from home, in many cases the goods will come straight to you with no hassle but if your unlucky like what I am then it's not the way to go:)

Shorter line to the consumer. Everybody that gets in the line, takes their slice of the pie. I am authorised to sell Iwatas in South Africa but I do not bother. Not enough meat on the bone to compete against the imports. Even I imports my parts myself as it is cheaper.

Cheers chaps ,exactly what I thought .FYI Smiler I checked with customs and excise ,there is no duty on an item less than £135 but as its from non EU there's VAT to pay on the whole amount inc postage etc . With regards warranty etc I am awaiting conformation from a couple of sellers ,I am sure they won't have the 10 year one being banded around the UK sellers ATM . Dude which seller is that ? In fact any one who's had dealings with a good seller it would be nice to know who they are etc ,especially if they do the spares as well . Thanx again people .

I have used yosh-set and Takey-jp although Takey messed up but he put it right and gave a large discount.Josh-set i had no prob`s at all.

I was pretty tempted by those, just not certain if i want the possible hassle i may encounter.

I bought both of my Eclipse's from a Japanese supplier on Amazon. They both had excellent ratings on there, so I wasn't worried.

Just been talking to the wife back home, I have a parcel from Japan waiting for me when I get home tomorrow :thumbsup:
No fees as far as I know.

Nice right? I got my Eclipse CS for $88 and my SBS for $112. :)

It is nice indeed, it was $12 dearer than the sbs so thought why not just get the plus.
What I don't like, the air spring tension, hard compare to foxy spring but easily sorted, the trigger tension is stiffer than the micron, no tension adjuster like the micron.
I've got a spare micron trigger spring,will see if that fits or makes a difference, want to check if my v2 trigger will fit, looks like it will,
All of the above is just my preference, I was spoilt really at the beggining as I was lucky enough to use a micron from virtually the beginning

It is nice indeed, it was $12 dearer than the sbs so thought why not just get the plus.
What I don't like, the air spring tension, hard compare to foxy spring but easily sorted, the trigger tension is stiffer than the micron, no tension adjuster like the micron.
I've got a spare micron trigger spring,will see if that fits or makes a difference, want to check if my v2 trigger will fit, looks like it will,
All of the above is just my preference, I was spoilt really at the beggining as I was lucky enough to use a micron from virtually the begging.

There should be an adjustment for trigger tension on all Iwata's.
It looks different, it it's there. For the air spring, I have Zsolt and Blair springs in all mine.

Back