For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Iwata tool kit

Discussion in 'General Airbrush Discussion' started by Leakyvalve, May 21, 2018.

1. Leakyvalve

Leakyvalve Needle-chuck Ninja

So I grabbed one of those Iwata tool kits off Amazon, and I really hadn't taken notice to it till just a week or so ago.
    Below is an image I grabbed online. You can get it cheaper from Blick if you wait for a 20% off sale.
    It's got screw driver/alignment tools for the packing nuts, a tool for the nut in the airvalve, a nozzle tool, and nylon pliers to keep from damaging your air caps. Really nice kit. Pricey, but nice.

I 52894-1001-2-3ww-l.jpg
  2. DaveG

DaveG Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

I thought this kit was quite overpriced when I purchased mine. I, however, have used the specialized tools in this kit SO many times now, that it has saved my ass time and time again. It has more than paid for itself just in saved aggravation.
  3. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA QuickDraw and very happy #nobrushleftbehind Staff Member Mod

Great example of the right tool for the job. To be honest I rarely hear people complain of high quality tools... truck loads of complaints about crap tools...
    basepaint and HellBird like this.
  4. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin Very Likeable!

Because I own several Iwata's this kit made sense to me so i bought it, as Mark said, right tool for the job etc.
    I've been lucky and not needed the screwdrivers yet, but the air valve tool is AWESOME... so much easier than using needle point tweezers or rearranged paper clips lol and the nozzle tool makes a fiddly job so much easier. The soft jaw pliers got used on a couple of side cups as the bottoms were super tight when new.
    Its all in one place, not likely to get the pieces lost unless you dont put them away after you've finished with them !
  5. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel!

ooohhhh... toooollllsss... *drool*
    LadyCharlie and JackEb like this.
  6. Tocean

Tocean Needle-chuck Ninja

Looks like something that could come in handy, maybe I'll wait for the blick sale.
  7. LadyCharlie

LadyCharlie Elite Member! Elite Member!

Exactly what I was thinking! :)