Just got back into airbrushing

S

Stingeragent

From the US. Used to dabble in airbrushing years ago. Never got very good probably due to a crap chinese made brush that I was always fighting with. Picked up a couple used stand up paddle boards recently that needed some paint work. A small hvlp gun probably would have been the easiest choice, but since I also had an inkling to do some regular paint work I went with a paasche talon. Has the fan cap for a 3in spray so it actually worked out pretty good. Just gotta fill it up pretty often when doing large areas. Right now I'm using cheapo acrylic craft paint, but after posting my other thread last night, I may just invest in some actual airbrush paint. I will probably continue to do airbrush work on paddleboards, but also am interested in painting wall hanging stuff. I've done a couple practice pieces on poster board which actually turned out to be a good paintable material for only 50 cents. I've also picked up a few canvases to try out, although I read they need to be primed or gesso'd (?) first .

Hey there welcome from New Zealand. What part of the US are you in?

Welcome to the forum Stringer, I hope we can get you sorted pretty quickly. Lots of talent and experience here on the forum.

Lee

Welcome from Australia.
Lots of info here, and a few laughs too to keep the sanity.

Back