Just got my first airbrush

Excellent choice. That brush will serve you well, I hope you enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes even comes with superlube and a water filter.

Awesome brush! The brush is my personal "go to" workhorse. I own 3 of them. They are capable of very precise detail as well as large coverage. Throw the super lube in the trash. The stuff gums up in your brush over time and will create more headaches than it's worth.

Awesome brush! The brush is my personal "go to" workhorse. I own 3 of them. They are capable of very precise detail as well as large coverage. Throw the super lube in the trash. The stuff gums up in your brush over time and will create more headaches than it's worth.
Thanks for letting me know about the superlube, I guess I won't use it.

You can probably throw the moisture trap in the trash as well... the one Rick had didn't seem to do anything.

You can probably throw the moisture trap in the trash as well... the one Rick had didn't seem to do anything.
I don’t think mine does a lot either. But it does make for a nice handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Airbrush and don't throw that water filter out it service's a purpose as the last chance to catch any water thats made it up the hose,You should'nt get water in it very often but if you do It means somethings not working so then you start checking for water starting at the tank on your compresser. As for the super lube yea if you keep everything clean and working you won't need it

Don’t ditch the lube, just use it in your garage on things like pruning shears, scissors etc.
agree, keep the water trap on, last line of defense and all that.

Thanks for all the help guys. I am in Arizona so probably don't need the water trap but will try it for a handle.

I will join in saying you made a very good choice, to start with. That brush is capable of such a broad range, and is built tough enough to take anything life can bring its way. Will add one more thing about the super lube - if it is blue, do not use it in, or on the airbrush in any way. It will gum up over time, and several common ingredients in cleaning solutions can make it go jelly on contact. Iwata has since reformulated what they call "super lube", and the new stuff is clear. It is supposed to be much, much better - but still remains kinda un-needed in the realm of airbrushing - provided you take proper care of the brush to begin with.

I will join in saying you made a very good choice, to start with. That brush is capable of such a broad range, and is built tough enough to take anything life can bring its way. Will add one more thing about the super lube - if it is blue, do not use it in, or on the airbrush in any way. It will gum up over time, and several common ingredients in cleaning solutions can make it go jelly on contact. Iwata has since reformulated what they call "super lube", and the new stuff is clear. It is supposed to be much, much better - but still remains kinda un-needed in the realm of airbrushing - provided you take proper care of the brush to begin with.
Thanks, the superlube is blue. I won't be using it.

Thanks, the superlube is blue. I won't be using it.

If you are stuck with Hobby Lobby for airbrushing supplies, I would recommend getting some of Badger's Regdab needle juice. A little on your needle about where the needle bearing sits will be all you should ever need and will only set you back a few bucks! I also know that Hobby Lobby does stock it. Enjoy the wonderful world of Iwata as you made a very good choice for your first shooter.
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

If you are stuck with Hobby Lobby for airbrushing supplies, I would recommend getting some of Badger's Regdab needle juice. A little on your needle about where the needle bearing sits will be all you should ever need and will only set you back a few bucks! I also know that Hobby Lobby does stock it. Enjoy the wonderful world of Iwata as you made a very good choice for your first shooter.
Regards,
Chris the cabbie
Next time I go to hobby lobby I will look for it. Thanks

Ken Schlotfeldt did a great video showing the "proper use" of Regnab (which is Badger spelled backwards lol) it is supposedly used to prevent tip dry. I have a bottle of it but I don't get much opportunity to try it. I was once having a problem with tip dry, so I tried using the product but still had tip dry. I'm not convinced that I was doing it properly.

Regards,
Chris the cabbie
Hobby Lobby does not carry Badger that is Michael's art supplies which also offers a 40% off Coupon , But that Iwata is a work horse and will last a long time.

Back