Krome wearing out !

beanpoleuk

Air-Valve Autobot!
I noticed my Krome trigger stop was a bit rough to the feel, so stripped down have a look and possibly add a bit of lube, imagine , my shock to see a lot of wear on the shaft to the extent the plating is coming off !!

20141124_194612.jpg

20141124_194629.jpg
Has anyone else had this ?, my Krome is about a year old and only ever used ETAC or ComArt paints and used water as cleaner.
I have also noticed a slight bit of chrome pitting on the outside of the cup...

Hmmm... Mine is almost two years old, and I haven't seen anything like that. Wonder what would cause that.

I'm not surprised, you've worked the poor thing to death with all those masterpieces, he never got a break, lol

I'm sure if you clean it up and lube it, it will still continue to please you just it has always done, and maybe in the mean time you can seek a replacement part.

I'm not surprised, you've worked the poor thing to death with all those masterpieces, he never got a break, lol

I'm sure if you clean it up and lube it, it will still continue to please you just it has always done, and maybe in the mean time you can seek a replacement part.
Pherhapos I need to give him a rest :)

Hopefully a bit of wet and dry rubdown and lube will sort it, just worried if this means there is wear elsewhere..

Hopefully a bit of wet and dry rubdown and lube will sort it, just worried if this means there is wear elsewhere..

Anything with moving parts will have some wear, but at the rate you work I'm surprised we can still see what part it is, lol

I'm sure it will be fine and still give years of pleasure.

Just get a hold of Badger and they will gladly fix it for you.
My Krome is a couple years old not and I have not notice anything like this ... I blame the etac:D Just kidding for those who use etac...

I would polish that thing up, use some lube and never look back.

What is Badger's policy? Is it that their airbrushes will never show signs of use?

Common place for a little wear and tear, metal on metal movement, likely similar inside the spring housing, nothing to really worry too much about and wouldn't think it would create any major resistance or issues. but yer as above, just give it a polish if concerned.

Just get a hold of Badger and they will gladly fix it for you.
My Krome is a couple years old not and I have not notice anything like this ... I blame the etac:D Just kidding for those who use etac...

Thought I might see if I can get hold of Badger support in the UK , seems barwell bodyworks are the only people in the UK and they want me to send the AB to them for a £15 service fee plus repair costs..

Is it causing a rough or inconsistent trigger action? If not, I wouldn't really worry about it.

http://www.airbrushforum.org/members/kenbadger.1729/
Contact Ken himself , Even if you are in the UK . they have a life time warranty and this should be covered .

What exactly is Ken covering here? He never states that the airbrush will never ever show signs of wear. Only that Badger will provide free LABOR and you pay for shipping to and from. They also state they will let you know if their will be an extra charge for parts.
That's a wear part on an airbrush. Its a metal to metal moving item. Tell him you wore out a tip or needle and see if Ken will buy you a new one.

All I'm seeing are rub marks on a super super super thin coating. I would investigate where it is rubbing a bit and see if you can do a little polishing.

What exactly is Ken covering here? He never states that the airbrush will never ever show signs of wear. Only that Badger will provide free LABOR and you pay for shipping to and from. They also state they will let you know if their will be an extra charge for parts.

Ken and Badger are a bit unique m8, its not something that no doubt has to be covered by a warrantee type thing, but 9/10 you'll find unlike some other manufacturers Ken cares about his customers satisfaction, Badgers been built on such and if it involves him/them changing out a part that likely costs them a few bucks to keep a customer happy then that's just good business sense and likely something I wouldn't be surprised they would happily fix and make all shiny again..but may be cheaper considering having to send of ya brush just to buy the parts yaself or polish em up, especially if its not causing an issue, if it is binding though it may indeed be a fair warrantee issue..

But if the etac is getting into that area Herb, I think he has more serious issues LOLOL

That's a wear part on an airbrush. Its a metal to metal moving item. Tell him you wore out a tip or needle and see if Ken will buy you a new one.

All I'm seeing are rub marks on a super super super thin coating. I would investigate where it is rubbing a bit and see if you can do a little polishing.
Ken has replaced both needle and nozzle for me at no charge due to possible damage durning shipping. Badger does stand behind there product.
If you have a problem Ken has stated that you may contact him direct through his email.
So how many badger do you own?

Ken has replaced both needle and nozzle for me at no charge due to possible damage durning shipping. Badger does stand behind there product.
If you have a problem Ken has stated that you may contact him direct through his email.
So how many badger do you own?

I own one and he did fix it. Whether it was my fault I'm not sure, but they fixed it without charge. I'm not even 100% sure they charged me return shipping.

I just don't see how a moving part inside an airbrush is considered a lifetime warranty item. Replacing a needle and nozzle because they got buggered in shipping I fully understand. But I would like to see you ask him for a new set 5 years from now because you feel they are worn out from normal use.

^Heck why not..Might just give that a go LOLOL..Again m8 its probably not, but I do own a fair few Badgers (Just not a Krome) and have not had a similar issue as the spring normally sits in between those two moving parts so in essence its likely the spring itself adding the wear, yer metal on metal and yes likely just a wear and tear thing from Beans way overuse of his gun..LOL, but it may also indicate an alignment issue or something with the plating process in that batch and could indeed be a fair thing to ask in regards to warranty..may not really need to as I doubt its probably causing a huge issue but if it is an alignment issue (IE The front/back holes been drilled out to big or have worn for some reason) and its kicking the spring and plunger to one side heavily it may bind and make it a less smooth action..But I suppose that all depends on the actual reason for that wear and tear and Badger are the experts on that possible cause, I say that as mine have all dulled from a lot of use, I have never lubricated those area's but no nickel/chrome plating is coming off the actual parts on any of my badger brushes..

I have two, and neither of them have this. Might have been a bad spot in the metal. Just contact Badger, and send the sucker in :) easy peasy cheesy wheezy!!

The chrome will wear some in that area as it is moving part,The lite pitting might be something caused by another prob. all together,But as stated be me you should be able to polish it up with less work/time involved in sending it in and waiting for it to be returned? I would talk with ken and see what he thinks about you polishing it adding a little lube to the spring and see how it works? If it didn't fix it then order a new part. as I See it as wear and tear from normal use

A wet and dry rubdown and lube always makes me feel better.

Back