Leather luster

B

Blackthorne

Any of you try too spray leather luster (super glossy leather paint) throught a spraygun?

Im not sure ...
7506255e5bdf76771960d891d3dbbada.jpg
1d09cded00afeab17e8666e49e35472b.jpg

I remember this stuff it also comes in a spray can . A few guys used it way back when I was in boot camp(1970 something) so they would not have to spit shine their dress shoes.
It is polyurethane in a can .

I remember this stuff it also comes in a spray can . A few guys used it way back when I was in boot camp(1970 something) so they would not have to spit shine their dress shoes.
It is polyurethane in a can .
Thats what I was thinking too Herb, But it might have silicon in it too?

Thats what I was thinking too Herb, But it might have silicon in it too?
I do not think so being it did not help water proof the shoes but it did give them a great shine.
But I was one of the folks who heard the drill instructor when he said if you buy that stuff you would be pushing Ft. Dix to Ft. Hood, So I learned how to spit shine a pair of shoes really well.

I do not think so being it did not help water proof the shoes but it did give them a great shine.
But I was one of the folks who heard the drill instructor when he said if you buy that stuff you would be pushing Ft. Dix to Ft. Hood, So I learned how to spit shine a pair of shoes really well.
Me too:D

Laquer thinner will thin it.
My question would be why would you want to spray it. And if you do you had better suit up and protect yourself.

I wouldn't spray it and honestly I'm like @Mr.Micron once ya learn how to spit shine it only takes min to retouch once it's laid on good. Getting the initial coat is hard and honestly anything that soaks into leather then drys hard is not good. Leather is a skin with pores and if you don't keep it suple and breathing it will dry and break.

Back