Looking to buy dvds

L

Lt4-396

I'm looking for any airbrush specific dvds especially the Daniel powers DVD but will buy any good beginner - intermediate sets.

Power's DVDs are great both 1st and 2nd levels, I'd advise to buy them all.
I think Blair's kits in the box are well worth, but I never bought them myself. People from here could tell you about them. I only plan to buy some from him in future.
A LOT of useful info is on youtube. Just search and watch!
Mind, that you need not only airbrush techniques but also art knowledge and it's hard to say what's more important, I'd say both parts.

Power's DVDs are great both 1st and 2nd levels, I'd advise to buy them all.
I think Blair's kits in the box are well worth, but I never bought them myself. People from here could tell you about them. I only plan to buy some from him in future.
A LOT of useful info is on youtube. Just search and watch!
Mind, that you need not only airbrush techniques but also art knowledge and it's hard to say what's more important, I'd say both parts.

respectfully disagree Vladimir, I have zero art knowledge but through airbrushing I'm learning 'arty things'

It's OK:) I also have (had) no art knowledge when started to airbrush. But on ABing way I've understood that I need art basics. It's faster way to learn "arty" this way. So now I go parallel in both directions. That's how my experience goes:)

I have the Powers DVDs for sale. True they are worth their weight in gold for any beginner. One of the best Learning material DVD sets I have watched. Sent you a PM.

Dan

I ended up buying the powers DVD and wow there is a ton of information on there, it was also a great surprise when I paid that the 99.99 price was in AUS. And it came with free shipping so it was not bad at all.

I also got the complete studio handbook and airbrush techniques : illustration... the complete studio has so much info especially for a beginner and the airbrush techniques has really good SBS with pictures and printouts so you can start painting immediately and don't have to worry about tracing your inages.

I ended up buying the powers DVD and wow there is a ton of information on there, it was also a great surprise when I paid that the 99.99 price was in AUS. And it came with free shipping so it was not bad at all.

I also got the complete studio handbook and airbrush techniques : illustration... the complete studio has so much info especially for a beginner and the airbrush techniques has really good SBS with pictures and printouts so you can start painting immediately and don't have to worry about tracing your inages.
Thank you. The Complete Studio Handbook you mentioned... is the author Radu Vero?

Yes, still for sale. With my new Job I have little time at all these days.

The earlier DVDs dont have a booklet. But do have Notes for users to print out. Buying Compressors, Paper gsm's and sizes etc.
Danial also brush's on Colour theory with colour complementing (mixing is on the DVD).
And all work shop material also can be printed out. For those interested here in Aust that may work better in our favor dollar wise.

Dan

Yep radu vero... what do you mean the earlier dvds didn't come with a booklet? What are the contents of the booklet?

No. No booklet. A few pages of advertising materiel and such.

One DVD has a folder that has Printable Reference Photo's to use in your practice with step by steps to help. NOT replacing what the actual DVD material has. The DVD is where you'll get most of your learning.
It also has printable pages (Basic) explaining Compressors, paper thickness/ sizes. And touch's on Colour and complementing of. Which the DVD does not actually cover. Nor needs too tho. Because colour is a very broad subject alone. Beginners are far from at that level.

Dan

Have a squizz here too, https://www.youtube.com/user/acekustomair lots of freebies and mostly basic concept painting aimed at beginners but explains most basic methods and concepts, the B and W Bogarts eyes is really the how to of basic, intermediate and advanced painting, taken through that understand of the progression of layers.. Thats all that separates most painters, how far they want to develop those layers takes a flat picture through the right stages to a complex textured picture.more and more photorealistic so to say airbrushing. It is an 8 hr series but it really takes you through a painting by airbrush that anyone who follows it closely can also do the exact same by following that same understood layering technique. Its basic B&W but its exactly the same process with color as I show in some other more timelapsed video's.

Lots and lots of resources and even here to do that, most can point you to good videos that may focus on that area you want to paint, many are posted here too.... and is a similar basic method we all use...Its all about the layers ;) Who knows, thems the risks you take when lurking Youtube :), plenty there though on Youtube when ya dig, heaps of goodies too from Tutor mentioned above lots of "kustoms" channels doing full tutorials and lesson days etc so get involved with things like that. Facebook is full of live demo's now You'll likely learn a lot for free to if you ask those producers of video's questions, most will happily leave you a detailed answer or join along whilst their painting, you may get a great free lesson with tips all the way through. :)

Good luck but soz, got no DVD's LOL

Back