Lost Thread...Who here converted Neo to 0.50mm?

G

GypsyGoldAu

Per title, i read someone here had converted their gravity fed Neo-CN to a 0.50mm setup and i would like to know how this was achieved and with what parts. I'd also like to know how that has held up, as Iwata state i can only change the Nozzle as the 0.50 needles are shorter than the GF as I have now.

Any help greatly appreciated..

Gypsy

Thanks for that Mr.Micron, it does look on paper that it's a simple swap in/out, but unfortunately, without specs to tell any differences, i am hesitant to move forward and order parts that may not fit...as mentioned, Iwata (Aust.) informed me the trigger may not engage correctly as the BCN needles are shorter,...hence my callout to those who may have done it themselves to confirm your (and my) thinking...

I'm also unsure about the bearing (chucking guide?) and the o-rings if their required.

Cheers

If you see the part numbers, except the needle, and head assembly parts are all the same, so you can confirm that the parts are interchangeable!!!!

Marcos IPhone's

I see what your saying, i guess it's like the Iwata rep says, change the nozzle but keep the oem needle. This will give more gap for heavier paints, but possibly create other 'issues'...:confused:

If all the parts for the needle mechanism are the same, you can be sure that the needle is equal except for the tip, this way is easiest, faster and cheaper for manufacturing. And like it or not, they wnat to sell airbrushes than parts.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

..."you can be sure that the needle is equal except for the tip..",...ahhh yes, but can I? The engagement of the needle is different between the two models (per Iwata) so without a side by side view of the two together, i'm not yet convinced.

Sorry...:eek:ops:

NEO.jpg NEO.jpg
http://www.coastairbrush.com/partsairbrush/neoparts.asp
Mainly it is just buying the things for the .5 neo BCN and putting them in the cn , needle , nozzle, nozzle cap and I am not sure if you will have to loosen up the needle bearing due to needle shaft size

As Mr. Micron said there are only a couple of things that need to be changed 3 to be exact. You will need :
N-080-2 = Nozzle
N-140-2 =Nozzle Cap
N-075-2 =Needle

..."you can be sure that the needle is equal except for the tip..",...ahhh yes, but can I? The engagement of the needle is different between the two models (per Iwata) so without a side by side view of the two together, i'm not yet convinced.

Sorry...:eek:ops:

I took a picture of the .35 needle and the .5 needle they are the same length and diameter, no adjusting of the packing screw is necessary just the tip IS different so yes you can be sure. - in order for a "shorter needle" to effect the trigger it would have to be significantly shorter approximately 3" shorter then the other.

** unless the products that iwata Australia has are considerably different the NEO needles sold in north America are the same length

edited in: here is a link to anest-iwata Australia they have the iwata NEO manual if you scroll down to page 8 you will see that the parts list as shown in the picture I posted.
http://www.anest-iwata.com.au/manuals/airbrush/neo-user-manual.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_3960.jpg
    IMG_3960.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hi Maple Art, thanks for chiming in with your info. and pics. It may just be a trick of the eye, or how the needles are sitting, or the covers on the tips, but to my eyes the BCN needle does in fact appear to be approx. 4-5mm longer than the CN....having about 10mm between end of needle and the outer case, it would appear i may be able to get away with it after taking into consideration the needle travel when actuated...

It's not an immediate issue i need to deal with, but i will know for sure once i get all my gear together at the end of the month and a sample of the copper CP to see if the standard 0.35 handles it.

Thank-You very much....

You are correct, it's the needle covers the .35 plastic tip is sitting further down on the needle they are identical in length sorry wish I had "open" ones to get better pics of. :(

*as long as the needle chucking nut can be tightened on the shaft of the needle you are good to go, the needle doesn't actually "travel" once locked down, it's controlled by the needle chucking guide and spring (hope that makes sense it's late lol)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:....thanks square eyes....i get that too after about 11:00pm and all day staring at the screen.

So, looks like a little spend up if the standard set doesn't work with the CP and cheaper than a whole AB.

I appreciate your efforts to help MA and going the extra mile, i knew there had to be a member here who had both needles to compare...what a great resource this place is.

Many Thanks one & ALL...

Back