Madbrush Moment

M

Madbrush

Today I took a little trip to Rotterdam (20 minutes from where I live) in order to finally get me the new Iwata HP-BH with built in mac and 0.2 nozzle that until now I could only dream about.

As I explain this bear in mind it is "Friday the thirteenth" the unluckiest day ever, I arrived at the shop (Harold's) and went straight to the cabinet with all the lovely airbrushes in it, I pointed to desired brush and said "I want that", the guy said no problem, let me just get it for you, he grabbed a little ladder and started rooting through all the sealed Iwata boxes which where stacked high above the cabinet, after about ten minutes of rooting he said, I'm sorry we only have the display model left, I said, but I've just travelled 150 kilometres cos your damn website said it was in stock, he what do you want me to do?, I said give me that one in the cabinet, he said OK, I said how much, he said 197 euros, I said no, if I pay the new price, I want a new brush, so we both agreed on 165 which meant I got the brush, some com-art paint to try out and some pencil erasers of varying hardness, all for less than I should have paid for the brush, needless to say that makes me one immensely happy bunny.

AAAAAND, as if all that wasn't cool enough, I have in my hand for the first time ever, a genuine Iwata product and finally I can feel the quality everyone has boasted about since the forum began, as I've admitted more than once before, I might be a little slow but I do listen eventually, ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjouy! :) I've used that one for a couple of years before I thought it was worth it to buy a micron, always loved that brush :thumbsup:.

I plan to have loads of fun with it, I looked at the micron while I was in the shop and I had enough to buy it, but I fought the urge and decided to wait until I actually earn the right to own one.

A bit of a coincidence you being the first post here, I bought the erasers with the intention of trying something with info in your SBS's, I have a photo of a cat from someone who's house I just painted (which paid for this brush) and I want try it as should be done, so a good chance I could be pestering you for advice at some point, lol

A bit of a coincidence you being the first post here, I bought the erasers with the intention of trying something with info in your SBS's, I have a photo of a cat from someone who's house I just painted (which paid for this brush) and I want try it as should be done, so a good chance I could be pestering you for advice at some point, lol

Feel free to pester me.. I'm pretty pesterable :p

Congrats Madbrush!! I'm very happy for you, I know how much hassel you had with your Evolution.
Have fun :)

Congrats Madbrush!! I'm very happy for you, I know how much hassel you had with your Evolution.
Have fun :)

Thanks Mel, I can't wait to have a play around with it, but I think that will be Sunday at the earliest.

In the meantime as I mentioned above, I had a look at the Micron while I was in the shop, I've just heard that another big job is coming up, if that happens I'll pick up the Micron too and just keep it safe till I think I can do it justice.

I also need a better compressor so I plan to buy a used one at the market in Utrecht and swap the motor for a fridge one.

Thanks guys, I had a little play around with it last night (just couldn't wait) and I have to say after pulling a couple of lines and throwing on some dots I already know it's going to be an asset, I have great reference I want to paint, but I'll do a couple of practice pieces first, I'll make sure I post the results of any test drives I make.

I've done a shed load of scratching and hairy brushing because I didn't trust the equipment I had, I'm hoping now that will change, I do know after last nights little play that I need to go back to the exercises before I actually do any paintings, when you get used to rubbish, using the good stuff is more difficult, it's like learning all over again.

MB, I know exactly how you feel, after getting my krome I have slowly moved away from scratching ( which I was pants at anyway) and been able to paint find lines instead for eveything except white where I use erasing. It was like learning all over again.

MB, I know exactly how you feel, after getting my krome I have slowly moved away from scratching ( which I was pants at anyway) and been able to paint find lines instead for eveything except white where I use erasing. It was like learning all over again.

Exactly, everything you can do with an airbrush, I was doing in the beginning to great effect, but thanks to substandard equipment I seem to have lost the knack and relied too much on other techniques, but, better to find that out during a practice run than wasting a painting and obviously the paint used for it, I know what I need to do and I think I'll get the swing of of it fairly quick, but I also need to listen more to others when they give advice and lose the pigheadedness of trying it all on my own, that's just my stupid Scottish pride:whistling:

I've bought a load of faber castle pencil erasers soft to hard, I still have my electric eraser which I'm going have to learn to control and I bought some com-art paint which I've been told is great for erasing, but, despite this new learning process, I'm actually looking forward to it all.

I forgot to mention anywhere, in fact I forgot altogether that I had it, but about 2 months ago I bought an A3 printer which can work off my wireless modem, I can use this to print my references out on one sheet and use it as Marissa has been teaching the guys here, I'm going to have to go back and do a lot of reading from stuff from yourself, kev, visual realm and last and certainly not least Haasje, as well as a few others, sounds like a job and a half, but it'll be fun.

It's a shame it took me two and a half years to admit I was wrong, but, as they say, better late than never:)

Congratts on the HP-B mate. It's what i'd been using until I got the Micron. It's a good bit of kit and didn't let me down. I'm sure you will produce some quality paintings with it because you have the talent but had issues with the tools. Now you have descent tools to work with so you've no excuse... No pressure like...

Lee

Congratts on the HP-B mate. It's what i'd been using until I got the Micron. It's a good bit of kit and didn't let me down. I'm sure you will produce some quality paintings with it because you have the talent but had issues with the tools. Now you have descent tools to work with so you've no excuse... No pressure like...

Lee

LOL, nope, no pressure at all:confused:

Nice buy m8.

If you want to travel some time attend one off the ACN club meetings :)

Congrats on the purchase MB! Its like a brand new pair of sneakers.. you can run faster and jump higher!! LOL

That is great news Malky , Good on you for not paying full price for a display. Even if no one had handled it other then just being put in the case it still had unwanted dust from other people drooling over it...:D
Friday the 13th was a lucky day for me to so maybe times are changing:D

Back