Matching needle size with tip size for my Sotar 20/20

B

Bad Karma

I'm new to the airbrushing scene, and recently purchased a Sotar 20/20 along with a Badger 360.

The Sotar 20/20 I purchased came with a fine needle, and I'm assuming fine tip. I also purchased a medium and large needle. I had read in the forums that it's better off for a beginner to start off with a larger needle size because of clogging issues.

For the different needles sizes(Fine, Medium, Large) do I need to also use/match the corresponding tip sizes?

I've figured out the needles sizes are designated by the color of the bulb on the back end of each needle. Black is fine , White for Medium , Clear for Large. As far as the corresponding tips, are there any markings on the tip that designates it's size? The tips are so small I can't see anything with the naked eye that would designate it's size.

no markings on the nozzles i think bro..... but yes they do need to be matched, careful placement or id would of been required out of the box..... if you muddled them..... good luck heheh!

I haven't ordered any additional tips yet for my airbrush... I'd done my homework, but apparently not enough to realize tips sizes were linked to needle size. Which brought me here.

So I'll be ordering the medium and large tips today, and I'll be extra careful not to muddle them together when they arrive.

Thanks

Back