Microns

sevastra

Needle-chuck Ninja
Whats the biggest differences between the microns? I notice the cup size. Whats the deal with Custom and Kustom?

You get a Kustom in each of the model ranges from Revolution all the way to Micron. All have the bigger cups, taller triggers and cut-away handles with pre set knobs.

In everyone's opinion what are the best attributes to each micron model? I want to get one but i'm stuck on which i want.

In everyone's opinion what are the best attributes to each micron model? I want to get one but i'm stuck on which i want.

I'm considering the Custom Micron CM-C Plus v.2...I have grown accustom to the the mac value, and i see some Microns do not have that. anyone own one of those?

What is the difference between the CM-C+ Version 1 and 2. I just want to know if I go down to Seattle Friday to pick one up what the differences are so I know what I'm buying.

Version 2 has a square trigger , revamped fluid head for better atomization, a place on the adj knob to hold the crown cap, and maybe 1 or 2 other small tweaks.

I have a cm-c, would rather the c+ just because of the cup design, the c+ is like the rest of the iwata line with its nicely tapered cup. The cm-c has a bit of a square reservoir in the bottom. Still sprays great . Saves a few bucks if you can deal with it. Also the cm-c, cm-b, and cm-sb do not have the solvent proof needle seal unless specified or of the new version 2 stock.

I wanna know about this fluid head thing as well. Here is what Coast has as benefits...

Micro Air Control (MAC) Valve

A breakthrough technology, the Micro Air Control (MAC) Valve enables infinite control of the airflow at the head of the airbrush, which is different than just regulating the air pressure at the compressor.

• Equipped with a NEW taller trigger design and ergonomic rolling square platform, that gives better control with detail and creates a comforting platform.

• Crown Cap docking port: Prevents loss of your needle cap when removing for finer detail work.

• Solvent resistant Needle Packing

• Single Piece Needle tube & Auxiliary Lever

• Lets users spray a coarse stippling effect to full atomization with a quick turn

• For fine line or detail work, it can be adjusted to create the optimum airflow for maximum control of the paint output

• By fully opening the MAC Valve, the airbrush can quickly be cleaned during color changes or for wide background spraying

• Using the same matched-head assembly as the other trusted Custom Micron airbrushes, the Custom Micron CM-C Plus has the same precise feel that's entirely unique to a Custom Micron airbrush

• A breakthrough technology, the Micro Air Control (MAC) Valve enables infinite control of the airflow at the head of the airbrush, which provides even more control of stippling, fine details and finely atomized background spraying

• The new solvent-proof needle packing allows for the use of automotive or other solvent-based paints

• The funnel shape of the redesigned gravity-feed cup lets the airbrush be used effectively with only a couple drops of paint, ensuring a fast and thorough clean up

• A cutaway handle enables users to grab the needle-chucking nut and quickly pull back the needle to flush paint out of the cup and paint passageways for a quick and easy clean up

Any source on that info? As I've mentioned before, they still have the same parts number as the old ones....
I also see that Denstone so I doubt there is a difference. Or the old one is no more in production and the new one is taking its place. So until all the old ones are sold out, it will be a lucky draw if you get a new one.

I seriously doubt that there's any difference. Lots of stores have updated their spare parts lists with the new (and much more expensive) parts. I can't see why they wouldn't do the same with the "new" head. And the heads have the same spare parts number, which is the same that it has been for years. And I've not seen anything from any reliable source about any changes in the head design. Sorry, but I believe it to be a rumour until I get it from a solid source.

Maybe I should have been more clear. That description I quoted above is for the new CM-C+. No where does it mention an updated head design.

Any source on that info? As I've mentioned before, they still have the same parts number as the old ones....

I believe , and I may be remembering wrong, that it was stated in the new literature about the V2 microns.

Just read the Iwata description, seems I am out to lunch on this one, swear I remember that being tossed around before the release. Improved air flow or something similar in the head area . Huh. Sorry to mislead.

I believe , and I may be remembering wrong, that it was stated in the new literature about the V2 microns.

Just read the Iwata description, seems I am out to lunch on this one, swear I remember that being tossed around before the release. Improved air flow or something similar in the head area . Huh. Sorry to mislead.

No problem. It could have been a statement from an over eager Iwata rep or something. I'm getting a bit paranoid in old age, when it comes to Iwata news. :)

In the beginning it was said it was a new design and that is why I started looking at part numbers. Can't remember where I read that either.

Back