MITCH Backs the OLYMPOS AirBrushes

The page URL threw me. I see it is the old ones.

That is what I'm going to do. I'm just going to treat it as an Iwata HP-SB.

I see Coast is cheaper than MerriArtist.

I have to say I love the HP-B that I traded off my old micron SB for and now I miss the little guy terribly. Oh well could be my excuse to get a version 2. LOL

Paint on

I've come up with new trigger pad design. It requires sanding trigger top for giving it certain shape. One interesting thing happened. After the sanding I've found out that some of Olympos triggers are made with steel, not brass! I couldn't believe in it, as all the triggers I'd sanded before were brass made.
On the photo there are three Olympos triggers and one from Iwata. Which Olympos models have those steel triggers I don't know as I've removed all the triggers for the sanding at once from all the airbrushes (not micron series).
An interesting fact just to let you all know.

P1011017.JPG

That looks like it can give great grip like that.

I just checked mine and unless it's from stainless steel, it is not magnetic.

Last edited:
Interesting. I've modded some triggers before, from different brands, and they were all the usual brass. I'd think the steel would be more expensive to machine, wouldn't it?

That looks like it can give great grip like that.

I just checked mine and unless it's from stainless steel, it is not magnetic.

I think the grip will be better. When I'm done with new design I'll show it in my thread.

You know, there are different magnetic stainless steels, technical which is magnetic and nutrition which is not. So you can't figure it out unless you sand the trigger.

Interesting. I've modded some triggers before, from different brands, and they were all the usual brass. I'd think the steel would be more expensive to machine, wouldn't it?

It's more expensive definitely, as steel is harder than brass and machining is also harder to proceed . It was even harder to treat the triggers for me.
I think, that this fact does not make the performance better, but for durability reasons maybe. Actually, it's not an issue for me which material the trigger is done with. They all work the same.

hello guys, just couple of questions about olympos and iwata - parts.

1. Nozzle base sets - 1 Hole, S3 Hole, L3 Hole - can I use them on Iwata Micron C+ v1.0, 2.0? If yes would Micron perform better?
2. Is the nozzle 0.23 / 0.18 the same on both brands and interchangeable? I already read that the needles are different.
3. Are side cups 7cc, 15cc (Type1,2) and Insertion Side Cups from Olympos HP100 SB usable on Iwata Micron SB?

Thank you!
Rob.

hello guys, just couple of questions about olympos and iwata - parts.

1. Nozzle base sets - 1 Hole, S3 Hole, L3 Hole - can I use them on Iwata Micron C+ v1.0, 2.0? If yes would Micron perform better?
2. Is the nozzle 0.23 / 0.18 the same on both brands and interchangeable? I already read that the needles are different.
3. Are side cups 7cc, 15cc (Type1,2) and Insertion Side Cups from Olympos HP100 SB usable on Iwata Micron SB?

Thank you!
Rob.
#1 - yes, all the heads will fit the Iwata. I have all the combinations, and mix and match them all the time. Needle length may vary between v1 and v2. Which one works best? For me it is the Iwata heads, for others the Olympos heads - really splitting hairs.
#2 - yes. The needles between brands are different, but one brand will work in the other, and I prefer the Iwata needles. They are not as delicate, and I tend to get more tip dry with Olympos.
#3- yes on the cups.

Last edited:
Back