Mojo 3 advise

T

Troyster

Only recently heard of the mojo 3, watch the you tube video with mike talking about it and I,ve gotta say it seems really impressive!, and after checking out the price, it,s even more attractive. I was pretty much sold on an H&S infinity 1.5 but now I,m starting to wonder..., then I came across another make I,d never heard of, Richpen. All 3 of these brushes fall into my £200 max budget for a quality detail brush, so my question to all you pro's out there is this, which would you go for and why?
I,m no professional and basically work with com arts and wicked for an at home hobby so a micron is well out of the equation!
Thanks guys!

Only recently heard of the mojo 3, watch the you tube video with mike talking about it and I,ve gotta say it seems really impressive!, and after checking out the price, it,s even more attractive. I was pretty much sold on an H&S infinity 1.5 but now I,m starting to wonder..., then I came across another make I,d never heard of, Richpen. All 3 of these brushes fall into my £200 max budget for a quality detail brush, so my question to all you pro's out there is this, which would you go for and why?
I,m no professional and basically work with com arts and wicked for an at home hobby so a micron is well out of the equation!
Thanks guys!

When you say a micron is outta the question is this due to price?? I got mine from lion art in holland whos a member on here and delivered to Belfast it was less than £220 all in. Just throwing that into the mix give ya something else to think about lol [emoji6]

Here i had a look for ya heres a link scroll down towards the bottom of the page he ha them for £187 then shipping on top of that
http://www.lion-art.nl/contents/en-uk/d4.html
Thanks for that matty, that,s very interesting, how has your experience been with your micron as apposed to what you were mainly using before it? I,m using an eclipse hp-cs mostly. Also out of interest, which micron did you choose and for what particular reason. Cheers.

Thanks for that matty, that,s very interesting, how has your experience been with your micron as apposed to what you were mainly using before it? I,m using an eclipse hp-cs mostly. Also out of interest, which micron did you choose and for what particular reason. Cheers.

I had a Neo before i bought it so the difference was instant for me, dont get me wrong i love the neo great wee brush imo but it dosnt compare to the micron.
I have the CMB, i got this model for the 0.18 nozzle ( can also use a 2.3 setup if im not mistaken) plus its gravity feed, also small cup. The neo has two changeable cups so anything big i need to do i can use that.

There is a thread going at the minute as to if the micron is worth the money, i truthfully didnt do that much research when i was getting it, but in that thread there is lots of comments for and against the price of the brush, i have no experience with any other make or model of AB except what i have stated and a couple of cheapos i got when i first started which were piss poor. But because you said you ha around £200 budget i was just letting you know it was possible mate.
If i can give you one piece of advice is to check out prices for spare needle and nozzles of what ever brushes your looking at, ive had to replace the neo's nozzle 3 times at £15 a touch and once (nearly twice) on my micron @£50, but each time has been my own fault for being careless. these two things are easily damaged (and most expensive parts) and even the seasoned guys around here will have replaced one or the other a couple of times accidents happen, hope this has been at least of some use to you mate.
Youll get a lot of answers to a question like this mate, opinions are like ass hOles every ones got one, some stink and some look good but at the end of the day its your choice pal and if you can find an airbrush stockist you can walk into and actually hold the guns then thats what you should do.

I had a Neo before i bought it so the difference was instant for me, dont get me wrong i love the neo great wee brush imo but it dosnt compare to the micron.
I have the CMB, i got this model for the 0.18 nozzle ( can also use a 2.3 setup if im not mistaken) plus its gravity feed, also small cup. The neo has two changeable cups so anything big i need to do i can use that.

There is a thread going at the minute as to if the micron is worth the money, i truthfully didnt do that much research when i was getting it, but in that thread there is lots of comments for and against the price of the brush, i have no experience with any other make or model of AB except what i have stated and a couple of cheapos i got when i first started which were piss poor. But because you said you ha around £200 budget i was just letting you know it was possible mate.
If i can give you one piece of advice is to check out prices for spare needle and nozzles of what ever brushes your looking at, ive had to replace the neo's nozzle 3 times at £15 a touch and once (nearly twice) on my micron @£50, but each time has been my own fault for being careless. these two things are easily damaged (and most expensive parts) and even the seasoned guys around here will have replaced one or the other a couple of times accidents happen, hope this has been at least of some use to you mate.
Youll get a lot of answers to a question like this mate, opinions are like ass hOles every ones got one, some stink and some look good but at the end of the day its your choice pal and if you can find an airbrush stockist you can walk into and actually hold the guns then thats what you should do.
Thanks again matty, funnily enough it was me that started the 'is the micron worth the money' thread,LOL!, well from the feedback I,ve had from that and yourself, it seems all things point to a micron, pretty much every other quality detail brush is joint second so I guess what you say is right, it,s all a matter of opinion. Thanks again for your help mate.

Thanks again matty, funnily enough it was me that started the 'is the micron worth the money' thread,LOL!, well from the feedback I,ve had from that and yourself, it seems all things point to a micron, pretty much every other quality detail brush is joint second so I guess what you say is right, it,s all a matter of opinion. Thanks again for your help mate.

No probs mate thats what this froums all about "spreading the love" lol [emoji4]

Just keep in mind how easy it is to get parts. I've only seen BearAir selling Richpen so it can be a problem.

When I was trying to get into opening an airbrush supply I contacted Richpen they would not deal with me I think they have worked something out to deal exclusively with Bear air just speculation but I really want one of the discontinued side feed ones or there super tuned ones. I have owned one of there lower line ones and was a nice AB wish now I never got rid of it. Traded it for an iwata eclpipse bottom fed.

I love the Mojo III, it is the closes airbrush I have to a Micron in terms of detail, trigger response, and control. It is definitely a great value for someone looking for a detail brush. The Nozzles are built like a brick sh!thouse and spare parts are readily available and cheap.
I had another thread a while back where I had some spray issues with the one of my Size 0 head assemblies. Mike Learn called me personally and worked with me to resolve the issue. He definitely stands behind his product. I plan on ordering one or two more in the next few months.
Just note that the Size 0 gives some great control and detail, but that is all it is for. The volume of paint that comes out even with a full trigger pull is probably half that of the Micron. In that respect, the Micron is more versatile, but both are awesome and consistent for detail and small work.

I love the Mojo III, it is the closes airbrush I have to a Micron in terms of detail, trigger response, and control. It is definitely a great value for someone looking for a detail brush. The Nozzles are built like a brick sh!thouse and spare parts are readily available and cheap.
I had another thread a while back where I had some spray issues with the one of my Size 0 head assemblies. Mike Learn called me personally and worked with me to resolve the issue. He definitely stands behind his product. I plan on ordering one or two more in the next few months.
Just note that the Size 0 gives some great control and detail, but that is all it is for. The volume of paint that comes out even with a full trigger pull is probably half that of the Micron. In that respect, the Micron is more versatile, but both are awesome and consistent for detail and small work.
Well it,s come down to a choice of two for me now, and I,ve been so close to clicking that 'buy' button on both so many times but I have to ask you jagardn, with your experience of both, would you recommend the mojo 3 or the H&S infinity 2 in 1?
I have an iwata hp -cs 0.35 for most donkey work, so I,m not too worried about the wider spray of either brush, but both of the afore mentioned brushes compete well on price, and as nice as the micron is,performs etc, I can,t stretch that far!
Thanks!

Well it,s come down to a choice of two for me now, and I,ve been so close to clicking that 'buy' button on both so many times but I have to ask you jagardn, with your experience of both, would you recommend the mojo 3 or the H&S infinity 2 in 1?
I have an iwata hp -cs 0.35 for most donkey work, so I,m not too worried about the wider spray of either brush, but both of the afore mentioned brushes compete well on price, and as nice as the micron is,performs etc, I can,t stretch that far!
Thanks!

For as much as I love my Infinity, if you are strictly looking for detail, then I'd say Mojo III.
Like I said, the Mojo with the default Size 0 is an awesome detail brush for real fine control and small volumes of paint. The Infinity is really nice, but the Mojo edges it out for responsiveness and control.

Edit: Just as with any airbrush with a really fine needle, if you bang it, it will likely bend. The Micron needle is harder and more difficult to bend, but that comes with a price.
Every needle I've bent, I have been able to repair though. A softer needle may bend easier, but it also repairs easier.

I got a mojo 3 for Xmas and love it haven't had any major problems with it I got the kit that also includes the .03 nozzle and a few extra needles and haven't had any problems with either nozzle setups or the brush it's a great brush for the price

I'm with Jagardn. I just bought both, the H & S Infinity CR+ and Mojo 3 last month. While I love the Infinity, I feel the Mojo 3 is the better of the two for detail. Its trigger is super responsive and smooth! Only downside is after a full break down to clean it takes a little adjusting (and a few swear words) to find its sweet spot again. I have since used an acrylic based marker and made a line on airbrush and nozzle. Helped get it back to the sweet spot a lot quicker! And yes, if you get the Mojo 3 pick up a extra needle or two.

I'm with Jagardn. I just bought both, the H & S Infinity CR+ and Mojo 3 last month. While I love the Infinity, I feel the Mojo 3 is the better of the two for detail. Its trigger is super responsive and smooth! Only downside is after a full break down to clean it takes a little adjusting (and a few swear words) to find its sweet spot again. I have since used an acrylic based marker and made a line on airbrush and nozzle. Helped get it back to the sweet spot a lot quicker! And yes, if you get the Mojo 3 pick up a extra needle or two.

The best thing I found when re assembling is to remove and reseat the rubber O-Ring that seals the air cap. When it becomes compressed, it can cause a bad seal. I seal the threads on the nozzle with beeswax, then replace the aircap. While tightening the air cap, I turn it until it just hits the O-Ring, then turn it just about a 1/4 turn more as a starting point. For me the sweet spot is about 1/4-1/3 turn away from being all the way tight.

FYI, the same O-Ring trick works well if having spray problems with the Infinity. Most time I have spray inconsistency problems after changing needle/nozzle sets is because that ring is too compressed.

Well I,ve finally done it, I,ve bought a micron cm- c red box mark 1. I have to say a massive thanks to matty171 for putting me onto lionart in holland, they have end of stock microns at a price that made any other choice redundant. A red box micron with optional soft spring including delivery at a little over £200!, no way I could pass that one by!
A huge Thankyou to all you guys that gave your opinions on this thread I started, in my heart of hearts the micron was always the goal but price was an issue, but with matty's heads up about lionart, it had to be done!.
Untill then it was gonna be either the infinity or mojo 3, but I know I would always have thought what if.....

Well I,ve finally done it, I,ve bought a micron cm- c red box mark 1. I have to say a massive thanks to matty171 for putting me onto lionart in holland, they have end of stock microns at a price that made any other choice redundant. A red box micron with optional soft spring including delivery at a little over £200!, no way I could pass that one by!
A huge Thankyou to all you guys that gave your opinions on this thread I started, in my heart of hearts the micron was always the goal but price was an issue, but with matty's heads up about lionart, it had to be done!.
Untill then it was gonna be either the infinity or mojo 3, but I know I would always have thought what if.....

Happy Days Troyster now for some master pieces [emoji4] yea lion arts prices were hard to whack, i like you had my eye on another brush (HP-BH i think it was) and it was @Madbrush who put me onto lion art, so i was just spreading the love lol. Enjoy mate its a top class brush, dont be like me and damage the nozzle cause its costly if you do.

Cheers matty, and also madbrush for spreading the love, saved me a crap load of cash and I still got what I really wanted!, really pleased I joined the forum, great to find like minded folk!. My wife has been digging at me to do a male portrait( Tom cruise) because she thinks the female ones are too easy coz of the make up etc, she may be right ( though she has never even picked up an airbrush!), but I don,t think I,m ready for that yet. Must do a portrait course this year. Does anyone know of any portrait courses in the uk this year?, marissa's courses look like where I wanna go.

Cheers matty, and also madbrush for spreading the love, saved me a crap load of cash and I still got what I really wanted!, really pleased I joined the forum, great to find like minded folk!. My wife has been digging at me to do a male portrait( Tom cruise) because she thinks the female ones are too easy coz of the make up etc, she may be right ( though she has never even picked up an airbrush!), but I don,t think I,m ready for that yet. Must do a portrait course this year. Does anyone know of any portrait courses in the uk this year?, marissa's courses look like where I wanna go.

No thanks necessary, just enjoy your new toy when it arrives and treat it right too:)

Back