Nada's Iwata

A

AcrylicAlli

He must be growing up at the young age of 47. @Nada bought an Iwata Eclipse today. He is not popping it out of the box, pouring paint in the cup and spraying right away. He is taking it apart, cleaning it, lubricating it, inspecting it, and he did swap out the spring already. So, maybe he's not THAT grown up... o_O

@markjthomson he says it's from the folks on here beating it in his head.

@jagardn I think it's a disorder he got from you, the airbrush acuasition disorder . He's never needed any blue pills, but send some of your blue pills our way. I hear they're great recreational drugs! :glasses:

Last edited by a moderator:
It sprays really nice, suprisingly nice even. Not as smooth as my Krome on the trigger but thats an unfair comparison.

I suspect this one will be the only brush i use for a little while.. Ill do my opinion write up in a couple of days.

@markjthomson he says it's from the folks on here beating it in his head.

@jagardn I think it's a disorder he got from you, the airbrush acuasition disorder . He's never needed any blue pills, but send some of your blue pills our way. I hear they're great recreational drugs! :glasses:

Just call your doctor if the recreation last more than 4 hours. :D

It sprays really nice, suprisingly nice even. Not as smooth as my Krome on the trigger but thats an unfair comparison.

I suspect this one will be the only brush i use for a little while.. Ill do my opinion write up in a couple of days.

If it's the trigger pull that is not smooth, take apart some clicky pens and see if the springs fit. AndreZA suggested that a while ago and it worked well in my HP-CH. The trigger press for air was pretty stiff from what I recall. You can get a Blair Soft Spring and it would be smooth as butter. I was going to order some Zsolt springs from Foxy, but the damn shipping for 3 springs and a Texture kit was like $35, so I passed.

@Nada just ran to the store and came home with a new compressor. I didn't know Exxon sold those... JK, his compressor control switch has been messed up for weeks. He has been manually turning it on and off to fill the tank. Very frustrating for him.

Well a new compressor is not a lot more then buying the new control head for one.
The trigger on the CS can be stiff but since I have wore the chrome off the trigger plunger it is almost as smooth as the Krome.

If it's the trigger pull that is not smooth, take apart some clicky pens and see if the springs fit. AndreZA suggested that a while ago and it worked well in my HP-CH. The trigger press for air was pretty stiff from what I recall. You can get a Blair Soft Spring and it would be smooth as butter. I was going to order some Zsolt springs from Foxy, but the damn shipping for 3 springs and a Texture kit was like $35, so I passed.
I swapped the spring from another airbrush already, gonna play with it maybe, its almost where i like it. After some superlube and a break in its smoother. That glidecoat on the krome is amazing though. The press for air is not stiff at all, maybe they changed them. Very similiar to my chinese one.

It Can spray lower air pressure than my krome, so im impressed so far. Might sell the krome and try out that olympos.

Well a new compressor is not a lot more then buying the new control head for one.
The trigger on the CS can be stiff but since I have wore the chrome off the trigger plunger it is almost as smooth as the Krome.
Its just the pressure switch, but couldnt see spending the money for it since ive had thos compressor 9 years or so.

I swapped the spring from another airbrush already, gonna play with it maybe, its almost where i like it. After some superlube and a break in its smoother. That glidecoat on the krome is amazing though. The press for air is not stiff at all, maybe they changed them. Very similiar to my chinese one.

It Can spray lower air pressure than my krome, so im impressed so far. Might sell the krome and try out that olympos.

Since your wife is on here now. I will not be enabling you.

Disclaimer: The Olympos HP-100SB is a nice airbrush and performs very well. For $133 shipped, it is one hell of a deal. My Micron is on its way and I can't vouch for it as of yet, but have no question it will be a winner. Who the hell am I kidding! It's always better to ask for forgiveness than beg for permission. lol

@jagardn as long as I still get Sharpies, pencils, paintbrushes too I'm okay with it. For instance, today he bought an Iwata Eclipse. I came home with 5 Sharpies in colors I didn't have, a $2 paint brush to replace the one that somehow has become his airbush cleaning brush, and a new adult coloring book (paisley pattern, in case anyone wants to know). I'm not sure who was happier with today's purchases, @Nada or me. Its not about price, but value.

@jagardn as long as I still get Sharpies, pencils, paintbrushes too I'm okay with it. For instance, today he bought an Iwata Eclipse. I came home with 5 Sharpies in colors I didn't have, a $2 paint brush to replace the one that somehow has become his airbush cleaning brush, and a new adult coloring book (paisley pattern, in case anyone wants to know). I'm not sure who was happier with today's purchases, @Nada or me. Its not about price, but value.

I have $2500 worth of airbrushes at my easel, my wife doesn't question it either. She probably doesn't realize they cost that much, but hey, I'm not putting it on a billboard. lol
Man, if I included spare parts, compressors, paints and all this other crap I bought, I could probably have a damn Ferrari. :eek::eek:

I have $2500 worth of airbrushes at my easel, my wife doesn't question it either. She probably doesn't realize they cost that much, but hey, I'm not putting it on a billboard. lol
Man, if I included spare parts, compressors, paints and all this other crap I bought, I could probably have a damn Ferrari. :eek::eek:

Well, that being said. I should probably start selling some of my paintings instead of giving them away.:laugh:

Back