Need a new regulator

Joe T

Mac-Valve Maestro!
so I have a AB stand that has a hole in the bracket to put a regulator. What’s a good or better regulator that will go in that hole. I think my holder is made by sparmax. I have a regulator now mounted to my table but I hate having to adjust my position to get to it.

Amazon or coast are best places for me to shop

Thanks everyone

Joe

Oh, with a second one in line dont forget to run the one on the compressor wide open, basically negating it. If you try to regulate with both and the pressure difference is very much then your system plays catchup every time you start to spray. Like it will barely spray, and then eventually take off and get up to pressure...its funky.

so I have a AB stand that has a hole in the bracket to put a regulator. What’s a good or better regulator that will go in that hole. I think my holder is made by sparmax. I have a regulator now mounted to my table but I hate having to adjust my position to get to it.

Amazon or coast are best places for me to shop

Thanks everyone

Joe

For this need FESTO LFR (MINI series) is great. Can't say if it would fit your Sparmax hole, but you can easily bend a bracket out of piece of sheet metal to fit both you holder and the regulator itself. Regulator has four holes (for 4 M4 screws as I remember) for mounting in its body on the back side. So, two bends and six hole and it's done!
There are tons of them on e-bay. FESTO is one of top level products.

Oh, with a second one in line dont forget to run the one on the compressor wide open, basically negating it. If you try to regulate with both and the pressure difference is very much then your system plays catchup every time you start to spray. Like it will barely spray, and then eventually take off and get up to pressure...its funky.
Robby, thanks for the tip. I'd wondered about having multiple regulators. My new compressor is bigger, noisier, and in a somewhat inconvenient location for adjusting pressure on the fly while working. I was considering doing the same thing Joe is.

Robby, thanks for the tip. I'd wondered about having multiple regulators. My new compressor is bigger, noisier, and in a somewhat inconvenient location for adjusting pressure on the fly while working. I was considering doing the same thing Joe is.
No problem.
The one caveat to this is that basically an upstream one needs to be bigger and flow a lot more volume than a downstream one. Two the same or similar size can run you into this wierd issue but generally only if youre making adjustments on both.

Back