New guy, midwest USA

W

wagspe208

I live in Illinois (unfortunately) near St. Louis, MO.
I race drag boats, build race engines, ride Harleys, fly rc airplanes, and shoot a variety of weapons for fun.
I am looking for an airbrush that is quality. I don't buy junk. I also don't waste money. I want something that will last me another 10 years. I am 49... in 10 years I won't care about much. I value service over cheap price.
The airbrush will mainly be used for airplanes... but there is always something to paint that is a pain in the butt to get out the detail gun, shoot, spend more time cleaning that shooting..
I will buy used if from someone I know, one who is reputable, and is in excellent condition.
I am a regular working Joe. I have never been married or have kids... so I have a fun life.. HA

The work horse is the Iwata Eclipse you have the cs gravity feed , the bcs bottom feed and the sbs which is side feed . but any of them will last you a long time mine cs is 12 years old .

Welcome!

May I refer you to the Grex Tritium airbrushes: http://grexusa.com/grexairbrush/products.php5?id=Tritium.TG
There is a side feed version also. These trigger style airbrushes are very popular with the RC and general modelling guys and I've had nothing but good reports about them. Grex gear is as good a make and quality as anything on the market at an affordable price. A lot of the modelers are grabbing the new TFK fan spray cap kits as well so they can use it for larger models/areas as a mini spray gun (spays a fan pattern rather than a round).

Just holler if you have any questions (probably best in one of the other forums or by DM), cheers.
Mick

<edit> Sorry, didn't notice your other post, will chime in there if you have questions, cheers.

Welcome from the UK. Hope you enjoy your time here at the forum.
I don’t ah e a lot of experience with different brushes, but I have an Iwata Eclipse CS. It’s a solid all round brush that will run a variety of different paints like pearls or metallics, as well as the everyday solid colours. They’re well though of in the community, easy to clean and not too costly for parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from South Africa, looking forward to see some of your work!

Welcome aboard from NY! Started back into airbrushing with Badger airbrushes myself. Have a Patriot gravity feed and an Anthem siphon I have used mostly at this point and will again when my shoulder heals up enough. They're both decent airbrushes and you can put different sized cap/nozzle/needle sets on them depending on what you're painting with. Easy to clean and parts aren't expensive either.

Back