new krome no good

airbrushingferret

Air-Valve Autobot!
Well I decided to boost my spirits and get a brand new krome. It arises today, first thing I noticed was the tiger was far les then smooth it had a spot when pulling back that was tight
I guess that's the best way to describe it. Then I tried it with some etc efx and the lines were broken like a bad needle bearing was to blame . Also the finest line I could get did not seem to be as good as it should. So I compared it with my old beat up krome that iv been spraying fine orion silver hok and candies. And the old krome blew away the new one. Am I missing something here????????. Shouldn't the new krome blow away the old one, shouldn't the new krome have a much smoother trigger?. I dunno, all I know is I am calling amazon customer service as soon as I get done here and demanding to be able to return it. I could always send it to badger and have them look at it but that's going to be a 2 week wait to get it back. I did not join amazon prime to wait 2 weeks to get an airbrush. I could have ordered it from coast and requested somebody to test it out before it ships.
One last thing... I removed the nozzle to make sure it wasn't clogged and when I examined where the nozzle sits the surface looked like it was scratchy. Like the ab was used. I always wondered if some amazon sellers re sell returned items ?. Keep in mind I do have experience with air brushes and I was using the same efx that's been working with my other airbrushes

Aaaaa the sound of respect . I'm loving it. Thanks guys this is what I miss about this place. It's not like I'm a nube regulars who have been here for a long time know I know about abs . So this would be a good thread to keep ahold of so if somebody new to airbrushing has a similar problem they will know what to do.
I called amazon customer service and a new replacement is already on its way with a due date of Thursday this week and they emailed me a return label all I have to do is go to ups and ship it back.
I know badger stands behind there product 100%. But I did not want to have to send in a brand new ab. I was going to get a refund since there's really no need for another ab but when doing art work that your using multiple colors at the same time it's helpful to have multiple guns
The way I look at it it's like this . I have multiple hobies and usually focus on one at a time for some reason. So I don't think IL ever give up airbrushing.

Keep in mind I do have experience with air brushes and I was using the same efx that's been working with my other airbrushes

Perhaps it is a bit of a flawed gun or second hand even, not impossible but prob just as likely its a case of use it a bit, play with the paints a bit and work it out..The needle bearing has nothing to do with a gun skipping on lines unless you can physically feel its super tight.. Cant feel the trigger from here but using it should loosen it up if it has a bit of a tight spot but a tight spot could also indicate a slightly bent needle...Personally I would play with it a bit before sending it anywhere, you mention HOK's and candy thru the micron yet mention efx through the krome..Try the candy through the chrome for a better comparison also what reductions exactly are you using and what pressure are you spraying at....If your treating it like a micron you prob wont get happy results as its not a micron LOL..Try a touch more pressure maybe...Either way I hope ya getit sorted..

There already sending me a new gun it be here tomorow. I didn't buy a new krome to get one that paints worse than my old one . I just have to ship this one back , already played around with it

Attachments

• 1459911924748.jpg
    1459911924748.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 21
Got the 2nd gun today and spent the past half hour cleaning dried black paint from the nozzle and the needle is different then the other needle no taper

oh the joys of buying used equipment :)
how can you not have a taper on the needle ! that sounds a bit odd

Will the real krome needle please step foward...
Notice the one needl e has a taper at the base .I did the top palm with the taper les needle and the bottom with the tapered needle . None the les this gun works like a super fine pencil the way a krome should so I'm going to keep it. 8ts very close to the cmsb. It's scary. In fact I remember when this gun came out there was a thread comparing it to the micron. Those were the fun Ole days before fez became a moderator and the monkey was here lmao

Attachments

• 1460085680350.jpg
    1460085680350.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 1460085818279.jpg
    1460085818279.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 1460085862448.jpg
    1460085862448.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 1460085907537.jpg
    1460085907537.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 25
I'm thinking about it. I could use the money and I already have a krome but it's working very well so why not keep it besides I need the medium needle cap and nozzle for my velocity. I have 2 extra brushes. If I send it back I have to still order a spare needle set for my velocity

Not trying for super fine its doing the job well this is just practice on drawing paper

Attachments

• 1460150080590.jpg
    1460150080590.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 1460150113409.jpg
    1460150113409.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 17
What is the company that Amazon is using as seller? In most of the cases, Amazon is the middle man, and someone else is the seller. Is it TCP global, they are all over airbrushing needs sold on Amazon?
Have not done business with them, but the reviews are unbelievably bad for such a big company.

Back