New love for my Krome!

J

Jezurus

Recently I boughtva backup needle and tip for my Badger Krome, ended up using the new parts since the needle has a step down on it which seems to work well, I took my old tip and filed off the prongs on it to create a detail tip, well damn, what a difference!, I know nothing has changed really, but I am able to pull tiny fine lines now, the brush works so much better, I don't think I'll ever use the other tip again, just awesome!
My control with the gun seems to be easier, just better feel all around.

I know the Micron is made very well, very smooth, and I will have one in the future, but is hard for me to imagine a line thinner than the Krome painted tonight, You wouldn't be able to see it, and I am no god at fine lines! Maybe that's why their called Microns !:depressed: Ide have to paint with a mag glass!!

I know the Micron is made very well, very smooth, and I will have one in the future, but is hard for me to imagine a line thinner than the Krome painted tonight, You wouldn't be able to see it, and I am no god at fine lines! Maybe that's why their called Microns !:depressed: Ide have to paint with a mag glass!!
The Krome is very capable of fine detail. Once you get use to it, you likely would never need a Micron. I sold mine a while back just because I preferred my other brushes and never really used it, but would still recommend it to about anyone.
I have 6 detail brushes, 7 if an HP-CH falls in the category. I could use any of them for fine detail work with no problems. The Micron is an awesome brush, no doubt, but not really necessary.

Yes the Krome is a good detail brush , affordable parts and durable.
with practice you can get the same fine lines with an .5 set up. I had to see to believe that one but after seeing it in person I know you can.
But there again the key word is practice.
Brushes like the Krome , H&S .15 and any micron just makes it easier to to get those fine lines.

i tried grinding the horns off my regulator,makes it much easier, especially for backflushing for mixing paint and cleaning, thanks for the tip, had a little play with it today getting really nice fine lines

I still can't find one anywhere for a reasonable price. All sold out except eBay (which is not a reasonable price). Ugh! I want one!

I still can't find one anywhere for a reasonable price. All sold out except eBay (which is not a reasonable price). Ugh! I want one!
The Krome itself is sold out? Wow,,so the tech guy at Chicago airbrush wasn't pulling my leg! He said they (Badger),weren't going to run anymore for awhile, I thought he was just trying to sell me.

Hmm, if that is the case it would explain why customer service has been dragging ther feat also!

JezurusSpider Splatterer hey splatter i got mine at the combat company for $200 AU which i found the best price around, they are in Australia though so i'm not sure what the postage would be for you, service was good and on time
http://thecombatcompany.com/
hope that helps
cheers

Hey Bodyworks, found Kromes at Amazon, Dick Blicks, Coast airbrush, and a couple others, at least they say they have them on their page.

Mods
Hey Bodyworks, found Kromes at Amazon, reproductive organ Blicks, Coast airbrush, and a couple others, at least they say they have them on their page.
Mods, I'm really not sure how the off color remark got in my post but if you could remove it it would be greatly appreciated.

Back