New Member from Far North Queensland Australia

Nice work......... at last we see some AUSSIE cars lol
I learnt to drive in a XW wagon.... 3 on the tree......... yes i'm that old lol
Cool. My first was an xy wagon. Got it for $800 in primer with Diamond white acrylic supplied, so I painted it. Thats how I got into cars. Did my apprenticeship etc

it was my dads pride and joy......he bought it brand new, it was a few years old by the time i got into it and i didnt even put a dent in it . . . . the stobie pole jumped out when i was reversing so i cant be blamed for that one lol,
my first car was a TC Cortina..... wagon :sour: so i could do courier work. My 2nd was a brand new CL Charger,( the last model) then a XU-1 ......
oh how i wish i'd been able to keep both those two . . but life dictated a more family friendly car.

Family is no longer a consideration so i now have a Toyota GTS 86, great fun for blowing the cobwebs out

it was my dads pride and joy......he bought it brand new, it was a few years old by the time i got into it and i didnt even put a dent in it . . . . the stobie pole jumped out when i was reversing so i cant be blamed for that one lol,
my first car was a TC Cortina..... wagon :sour: so i could do courier work. My 2nd was a brand new CL Charger,( the last model) then a XU-1 ......
oh how i wish i'd been able to keep both those two . . but life dictated a more family friendly car.

Family is no longer a consideration so i now have a Toyota GTS 86, great fun for blowing the cobwebs out
I did a White 3 layer pearl like yours last week. 20180314_150347.jpg20180314_150359.jpg20180314_150410.jpg

The white pearl is nice but it doesnt highlight the body lines enough for me, i've got the 'Gravity Blue' but in certain lights i'd call it Blurple lol, definately has some purple in it !

I hope this isn't too cliche, but is that Falcon similar to the Mad Max cop cars? Or is the first movie called Road Warrior to you guys? I would so love to have a Falcon XB!

I hope this isn't too cliche, but is that Falcon similar to the Mad Max cop cars? Or is the first movie called Road Warrior to you guys? I would so love to have a Falcon XB!
No. Xw came out before Xb. Xb's were in the Movies

I'm not talking about Mad Max's black Interceptor, I'm talking about the yellow 4 door patrol cars in the beginning of the movie.

I'm not talking about Mad Max's black Interceptor, I'm talking about the yellow 4 door patrol cars in the beginning of the movie.
Yes the yellow 4 door was an XB Sedan

Me in my XB coupe. Back in 91. I was 20. Wish I still had it (
0da317dd66b52de60a7a36798716eeb7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno where this is going, apart from the bin, but its interesting messing with the trans base20180327_101153.jpg20180327_130300.jpg

Yes the yellow 4 door was an XB Sedan

Me in my XB coupe. Back in 91. I was 20. Wish I still had it (
0da317dd66b52de60a7a36798716eeb7.jpg
Oh my freakin God!!! You are my hero and are now the coolest member on this forum! *does appropriate "I'm not worthy" worship at your feet*

Oh my freakin God!!! You are my hero and are now the coolest member on this forum! *does appropriate "I'm not worthy" worship at your feet*
Haha thanks. I painted her too. Standox 2k all the way. Bare metal, epoxy primer, polyester primer, hi fill primer. Many many many hours completely hand blocking that car until it was dead straight. All I did as an Apprentice was block cars allday and get them ready for the Tradesmen. I then went home and spent every night until midnight hand blocking that car. When I found it suitable. I sprayed it just straight 2k black to confirm it was straight enough for black. I then hand sanded it all again and painted it 3 layer blue pearl. Its 3 coats of basecoat black then a very light coat of blue pearl over the black base and then 3 coats of HS Clear and baked @ 60 c for 40 minutes. Beautiful
At night its black and even during the day. Its only a hint of blue pearl

They have got to be the most bad ass cars on the planet! Even stripped down like that, the lines are just so perfect. Looks like you did a nice job painting it too! I can't imagine doing all that sanding. All it needs is some zoomies and a fake supercharger sticking thru the hood lol.

Hi Shane, a bit late to the thread but g'day from down south :)
Love your work and with your colour experience you'll get up to speed in no time. For portrait work it's hard to go past the Daniel Power series DVD's IMO. There's some great Cory Saint Clair vid's on Coast Airbrush TV as well ;)

My first car was an XT ute, stock 3 on the tree etc, good work car. I then had 2 XT sedans, I built one up with all the good gear, not that flash, it was a bit of a sleeper really as I came from the bush where the forestry wasn't that forgiving to a young ratbags car :)
It was a 302 Windsor 4 speed 9" diff and Selby suspension, loved it.

Hi Shane, a bit late to the thread but g'day from down south :)
Love your work and with your colour experience you'll get up to speed in no time. For portrait work it's hard to go past the Daniel Power series DVD's IMO. There's some great Cory Saint Clair vid's on Coast Airbrush TV as well ;)

My first car was an XT ute, stock 3 on the tree etc, good work car. I then had 2 XT sedans, I built one up with all the good gear, not that flash, it was a bit of a sleeper really as I came from the bush where the forestry wasn't that forgiving to a young ratbags car :)
It was a 302 Windsor 4 speed 9" diff and Selby suspension, loved it.
My Boss lent me his Dan Power dvd..I watched it all..I learnt a lot. I got my Trident Core 4 kit today. Trade price so saved a bit. I honestly dont know what to tackle next. I was thinking of trying to do Paul Stanley again

Back