New nozzle same old problems

Well whatever it is, I hope they get it sorted for you. I would be bleeding from the eyes in frustration and rage by now, if I'd tried everything over and over and was still getting no joy. :( Please let us know how it gets resolved - 1 - so that we know you won't be institutionalised any time soon, and 2 - so that if it happens to us, we won't join you in the padded room. Keeping my fingers crossed for you mate.

Well whatever it is, I hope they get it sorted for you. I would be bleeding from the eyes in frustration and rage by now, if I'd tried everything over and over and was still getting no joy. :( Please let us know how it gets resolved - 1 - so that we know you won't be institutionalised any time soon, and 2 - so that if it happens to us, we won't join you in the padded room. Keeping my fingers crossed for you mate.

Yea i was ready for the nut house yesterday but i have just replaced the old nozzle back on and got to painting something while i await to hear from iwata.
If i go to the padded room i will be getting keys cut for all you guys anyway [emoji4][emoji23][emoji23]

Yea i was ready for the nut house yesterday but i have just replaced the old nozzle back on and got to painting something while i await to hear from iwata.
If i go to the padded room i will be getting keys cut for all you guys anyway [emoji4][emoji23][emoji23]

I own the master key for that room, in fact, I built it (for myself of course). :)

I was just re-reading this and something @Lowrider said about the hole that runs from the valve along the bottom of the brush and out the front (see below photos)
Should i be able to get a small piece of wire to go thro one end and out the other?? @Madbrush
eafe716a883f0a96f87f23991e06a0f5.jpg
8c199b17a359354bc7d6f17d5019816f.jpg

Cool Andre cheers mate so the answer is no i shouldnt be able to get something straight thro due to its shape. Cool pic

This is exactly what I meant, you could get so far in with a wire and let a good blast of air do the rest.

Could you get as good a photo as you have of the front also of the inside of the head, with the photo this big and clear damage just may be visible.

This is exactly what I meant, you could get so far in with a wire and let a good blast of air do the rest.

Could you get as good a photo as you have of the front also of the inside of the head, with the photo this big and clear damage just may be visible.

Well ive now tried absolutely everything to sort this punk out, after hokeing around the hole from both ends im calling it quits (thats what she said)
I am just going to solider on with the old nozzle and hope to hear from iwata
Heres the best photos i could get
fe208cee7d2a3423687d3624cd9693f5.jpg
ffdfa770b21a82c9e133bd715225935e.jpg
d03c4688d6d9a98dc4462ad041f54291.jpg
1d5ef2486f0da8f9af85bb003d0ee7d2.jpg
7c32ff526d46db97267b9f67bbbb06a7.jpg

I just use an old needle and clean the feed hole out all the time as crap can get in there but generally it stays clean enough, sucks to hear about your woes, what paint are ya using? I assume you've tried various paints also? how long has your paint been sitting around? Have you looked closely at the action of the needle in the nozzle? Is it riding and then once pulled back to a certain point then allowing full flow around the nozzle, it could simply be an upset venturi. I dont normally suggest this for any brush but it can help solve simple air issues and thats have you tried nipping the head assembly on slightly pass finger tight? if your someone who constantly pulls apart the brush often its just the thread letting in air, I assume you've tried to ensure it does have a tight seal..(Sometimes wax just aint enough and vaseline often will let down a seal) No doubt you've sussed it all out but perhaps just some food for thought..Also have you tried tensioning your spring, easy enough seen..if the needle aint moving as soon as you pull even half a mm off that trigger, your spring simply could have some slack..Constantly having issues after multiple head changes suggests its in the gun body itself that something funky is happening, and that ain't got many things in there that can actually go wrong..Do another video if you can of multiple lines, the dots don't really show what the guns doing, does it hesitate also thru the stroke or skip etc etc and thats hard to see on the vids..Either way hope ya get it sorted m8..

I see there's no sealant on the the threads, try this first before sending the brush to iwata ( both on the nozzle base and the needle cap ) go to a plumber shop and get some of there sealant paste, or teflon tape for now to sort this out.

And which type of micron is it 1 or 2? If it's the one make sure that you put the leveler ( that thing that sit's against the trigger ) is in the correct way. The other way around can also cause a pause in the movement.

I just use an old needle and clean the feed hole out all the time as crap can get in there but generally it stays clean enough, sucks to hear about your woes, what paint are ya using? I assume you've tried various paints also? how long has your paint been sitting around? Have you looked closely at the action of the needle in the nozzle? Is it riding and then once pulled back to a certain point then allowing full flow around the nozzle, it could simply be an upset venturi. I dont normally suggest this for any brush but it can help solve simple air issues and thats have you tried nipping the head assembly on slightly pass finger tight? if your someone who constantly pulls apart the brush often its just the thread letting in air, I assume you've tried to ensure it does have a tight seal..(Sometimes wax just aint enough and vaseline often will let down a seal) No doubt you've sussed it all out but perhaps just some food for thought..Also have you tried tensioning your spring, easy enough seen..if the needle aint moving as soon as you pull even half a mm off that trigger, your spring simply could have some slack..Constantly having issues after multiple head changes suggests its in the gun body itself that something funky is happening, and that ain't got many things in there that can actually go wrong..Do another video if you can of multiple lines, the dots don't really show what the guns doing, does it hesitate also thru the stroke or skip etc etc and thats hard to see on the vids..Either way hope ya get it sorted m8..

Hey Rebel
mate ive tried this with liquitex & FW inks and also com-art, i had never actually cleaned out the feed hole before. my oldest paints are my com-art and to be honest i dont use them to much these days but i do still occasionally shake them. i mostly use the liquitex these days.
had a look at the needle action last night and it is moving as soon as it gets pulled back, no delay. I really dont want to do anything else to it as in case i screw something up so i will be sending it away. ill try and get another video done over the week end, the videos i done were to show how far back i have to pull to get paint.
thanks for your reply and suggestions mate appreciate it

I see there's no sealant on the the threads, try this first before sending the brush to iwata ( both on the nozzle base and the needle cap ) go to a plumber shop and get some of there sealant paste, or teflon tape for now to sort this out.

And which type of micron is it 1 or 2? If it's the one make sure that you put the leveler ( that thing that sit's against the trigger ) is in the correct way. The other way around can also cause a pause in the movement.

the threads have been sealed a few times if you read back over the thread and the last thread you will see that this has all been done mate i have tried everything, and as has been pointed out to me a couple of times the nozzles shouldnt need any sealant on them.
its the V1 micron and the lever is in correctly, there is no pause in movement just in paint coming out with a new nozzle.

Quite right Matty, clearly a poor dead horse is being gang flogged by all of us, we need to leave the poor bugger in peace and wait patiently for iwata to re-animate him:)

Well thanks to someone here who directed Carlo from Foxy studios to my thread he has offered to take a look at my brush for me so it looks like its getting another trip to holland lol he said if he looks at it and it needs to be sent to iwata he will do this so it will be quicker.

Talk about going the extra mile for the customer, thank you foxys and whoever directed them here.

Well thanks to someone here who directed Carlo from Foxy studios to my thread he has offered to take a look at my brush for me so it looks like its getting another trip to holland lol he said if he looks at it and it needs to be sent to iwata he will do this so it will be quicker.

Talk about going the extra mile for the customer, thank you foxys and whoever directed them here.

Incredible, one thing you will never be able to say is that no one cares, lol, huge thumbs up for the culprit and for Carlo:thumbsup:

The only problem now is while you are walking around in the rain wondering what to do with yourself, your brush will be clubbing it again and Carlo is only minutes from Amsterdam :eek:

I've just had a great idea, why don't you move to Holland? Not only will you be closer to your brush, you'll be closer to me and @haasje dutchairbrush :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Incredible, one thing you will never be able to say is that no one cares, lol, huge thumbs up for the culprit and for Carlo:thumbsup:

The only problem now is while you are walking around in the rain wondering what to do with yourself, your brush will be clubbing it again and Carlo is only minutes from Amsterdam :eek:

I've just had a great idea, why don't you move to Holland? Not only will you be closer to your brush, you'll be closer to me and @haasje dutchairbrush :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
lol it would prob be cheaper for me to move instead of having to keep sending my brush over

lol it would prob be cheaper for me to move instead of having to keep sending my brush over

Your poor brush was born here so it's homesick and lonely, so you need to do the right thing to make it a happy brush and not a mad brush, hey, I maked a joke, lol

Back