For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

New Old Phart From Washington State

Discussion in 'Introductions!' started by badhatharry, Aug 11, 2018.

1. badhatharry

badhatharry Young Tutorling

Hey all. I found this site while doing some research on color mixing. I've been painting about 6 months now and really all I paint are lures I use for bass fishing. I start with blank plastic lure bodies I buy online and just go crazy with colors and patterns. I've been experimenting with vacu-forming stencils for specific patterns and learning as I go.
    I use pretty much all Createx paints and I use alot of pearlized colors. My first question (many to follow) is.....when I want to tweak a stock color, and I do often, do I need to add other pearlized paints or can I use opaques? Thanks in advance for any replies.
    basepaint, HellBird and jord001 like this.
  2. HellBird

HellBird Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

Welcome aboard, @badhatharry! You ought to be able to mix any of the Createx colors to adjust (Opaque, Transparent, etc). Be careful with the other Createx lines, such as Wicked, Illustration, and Auto-Air as they're slightly different formulas. If you use paints from just the plain Createx line, you should be ok.
    I don't work with Createx much:sus: (either I have bad paints or a bad attitude... likely both), but quite a few others here do.
    What sort of equipment do you have? Airbrush(es), compressor, etc. Also where are you located (in general)? Many folks are scattered all over the globe and may be able to provide more regional help. Also, we're nosey. ;)
    badhatharry and jord001 like this.
  3. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

Welcome to the forum Harry, quite a few members here who make and paint their own lures. I'm no expert but adding another pearl will be the best but I'm sure adding a normal colour will work but will reduce the pearl effect a little. I've mixed normal colours with metallic and its worked fine. Give it a try only a few drops of paint to lose.

Lee
    badhatharry and HellBird like this.
  4. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA QuickDraw and very happy #nobrushleftbehind Staff Member Mod

Welcome from New Zealand
    badhatharry likes this.
  5. Franc Kaiser

Franc Kaiser Needle-chuck Ninja Very Likeable!

Welcome to the forum from China!
    badhatharry likes this.
  6. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin Very Likeable!

Welcome from Australia
    lots of learning and laughing to be found here :)
    badhatharry likes this.