New starter

D

Digitalfreak

Hi my name is chris. I live in england i am 27 married with 2 kids (girls). I have always loved art and design and not too long ago started to learn how to hydro dip i then came across airbrushing i had always known about it but never looked into it until now. Well now i am really interested and have stopped hydro dipping and started learning the ropes in air brushing. I hope to get better and design t shirts and trainer with my air brushing skills. Long way to go but rekon ill get there i already can do blended lines and dots and daggerstrokes from one day of practice so wish me luck and here i go.

Hey Chris, welcome from New Zealand. Dots and daggers rock! :)

Welcome Chris, as I said elsewhere get you questions coming if you have any, there are few here who have done shirts so there will plenty of info for decent fabric paints and such, I have just been looking into Schminke aero colour mediums and they actually have mediums for priming leather prior to airbrushing as well as an additive for there airbrush paint's to make suitable for fabiric.

This may be of interest to you http://www.aerocolor.de/farben/medien.html?L=1

Hi Chris welcome to the forum. Just read your other post about your kit. What everyone said about your kit is unfortunately correct. What part of England are you in. There's quite a few of us in the UK. Before you start make sure the airbrush is clean. Spray a little water or thinners through it. look at the spray when it comes out, is it smooth or pulsing. With your paint i would start with a mix of 1 drop of paint with 4 drops of water or thinners, this will make it usable to practise with in most airbrushes even cheap ones. It should be the consistency of skimmed milk and will just about drip off a brush or stick. Set your air to about 25psi and give it a go. If it spiders when you spray you can either drop the psi to 20 or add a drop of paint. Let us know how you get on.

Lee

Welcome to the forum Christ, from Dubuque IA, US. I'M new to the airbrushing. Just listen to to this guy's. They know what there talking about. They have the knowledge and experience to help you. Some time you can do well with some kits but usually you are taking a chance when you buy off brand equipment. It's like the sain goes you get what you pay for. But some time we can get lucky and get something with little money and it's worth it. I got a Chinese off brand a Royal max 180 for 25 us dollars and it has work for me. It's suppose to be the copy of the micron. But like I said that's taking a chance when you purchase off brand. Just let the guys help you.

Back