New to forum and armed with a Grex.

M

monsoon

Been sorta airbrushing for quite a while, but really need to up my game.

I got a Grex a year ago and love it, but I also have the same problems that I've had with others.

When trying to do fine lines, mottling, etc (I build aircraft models), I get a lot of overspray. Not spattering, but just some out of control overspray.

I've thinned the paint down and up the pressure. No joy.

Any hints?

Welcome from New Zealand, maybe a bit more detail about the problem or some pictures but overspray is related to direction of nozzle and pressure... the higher the pressure the higher the overspray. Now you may be using that term to describe something else.. What paint are you using and what reducers? My first suspicion is tip dry...

When you reduce you paint you drop pressure not up it.
What paints are you using ?
Are you using the reducer made for the paint?
It can also be related to the climate in your painting area.
A lot of thing can effect how the airbrush and paint act on any given day ..

But Welcome Home.

Well, I'm a knucklehead. I meant that I thinned the paint and I lowered the pressure!

I'm using a Grex TG-3, and usually Tamiya or Model Master Acrylics. I'm thinning the paint with the Tamiya thinner.

I was thinking dry tip, too.

Anticipate dry tip, clean the needle regularly (like between sprays...)

Pictures of what your problem is will help with diagnosis :)

You've had some good replies so why not head over to the intro section and tell us a little about what got you into airbrushing, what brush / paint you use, what you like to do, where you live etc (just general location, or you'll get stalkers , which can get awkward)

You've had some good replies so why not head over to the intro section and tell us a little about what got you into airbrushing, what brush / paint you use, what you like to do, where you live etc (just general location, or you'll get stalkers , which can get awkward)
(pssst... this is the intro section... he's getting there...)

(pssst... this is the intro section... he's getting there...)

hang on,.... a minute ago it was in Step by step........:confused:

what are you doing ? . . . messing with my head you are...... i dont need any help...... where's my coffee !! !! ??

Well, I'm a knucklehead. I meant that I thinned the paint and I lowered the pressure!

I'm using a Grex TG-3, and usually Tamiya or Model Master Acrylics. I'm thinning the paint with the Tamiya thinner.

I was thinking dry tip, too.
Well the problem is Lancaster PA LOL .. Just kidding But if you was in Palmerton then all bets are off.
Tip dry on both those paints is unreal . I usually would find my self clean the tip after each line. Which coverage is great even reduced a lot it does dry fast on the tip.
But all paint will give you tip dry even urethane how much depends on the color or how much white is in the mix.

Hi there! Welcome to the forum! I'm gonna read this one carefully cuz one of these days I'm gonna try painting some Gundams with Tamiya paint... I just need to win the lottery.

Welcome to the forum, I can't help with Tamika paint as I have never used it. But I think the other super members have you covered.

Lee

Dudes, thanks for the info!! I think it's dry tip, plus I never really had that much luck with the MM acrylic paints.

:D See what happens when you try and take marks job about introductions Jackie?lollollollol

Back