New vs old iwata hp line

L

Lt4-396

I did some searching but didn't really find anything except the nozzle has different threads...
I'm wondering what the difference is between the old hp-(a,b,c) and the new hp-(a,b,c+) brushes? I know you can get both with a .2mm setup.

Is it simply that the new ones have the cutout on the handle or is there actually something internally different that changes atomization or the way it sprays?

I'm looking to get a dedicated detail brush but as of now the micron is a bit out of my price range so I figured the hp-b+ would be the next best choice and after looking there is a huge price difference between the old hp-b and the new hp-b+, so I'm wondering just what the difference is.

TIA

I have the HP-B+ 0.2 and it sprays great. I didn't pay much for mine at the time but that was a few years back. Can you still get the old HP's

Lee

the HP B+ is a excellent detail brush , personally I prefer the HP SB + but besides the side feed is is basicly the same airbrush , my HP SB+ is from 2004and I did have a 2012 HP B+ and they sprayed the same so no difference between the old and the new as far as 2012 is new ;)

When I say old I mean non plus models.
You can find non plus very cheap on ebay and other sites.

the nozzles on the + version are the difference they dont fit in the old version nor do the old version nozzle fit the + series

Does one spray better than the other? Or the newer one just has more features.

I have had both, a 80's vintage HP-B, and now several 2000+ -ish HP-B+'s, and they work the same as far as I can tell. I love my HP-B+ - my most used brush, for sure.

The 'old' nozzle and needle don't fit the current "+" models.
Supplier sent me non + parts, the nozzle won't go on and the needle is a different taper so it doesn't seat properly in the '+' nozzle

Back