Newbie from Pennsylvania

M

MadMags

I am glad that I have found what looks to be a great group of artists! I am looking forward to learning and sharing with all of you. I have just started out airbrushing and learning to control the air flow, paint viscosity etc.... I'm working on making a work space for my airbrushing since I am a bit of a klutz and spill and trip over shadows. Any tips for organization or work area ideas would be awesome. Glad to be here!

Welcome from Australia,
Loads of learning and laughing to be had around here.
What gear do you currently have?
I’m the last person you need to advise on tidy work area and in my experience creativity is never a pretty sight lol

What have you do so far with your airbrush and what problems are you having?

Welcome from Australia,
Loads of learning and laughing to be had around here.
What gear do you currently have?
I’m the last person you need to advise on tidy work area and in my experience creativity is never a pretty sight lol

What have you do so far with your airbrush and what problems are you having?

I have an Iwata Eclipse. I have to get an air drier. The humidity in the air is causing water going through my airbrush and causing spitting and sputtering.

Welcome from PA. Water in the lines is not your friend, even a Harbor Freight moisture separator helps. Small investment, big payoff. Welcome aboard, have fun, there is a ton of info here, don't be afraid to ask for help and have fun...

Welcome from the UK. hope you enjoy your stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you find any good tips on keeping it clean and tidy let me know lol. I tend to be messy with my workspace. Whether it's my actual paint shop (hole in basement), my side of the couch, my side of the bedroom. I keep a clutter of whatever I'm working on and with..I organize things, but once I start pulling things out to work on stuff, well it all falls by the wayside

Here's what NOT to do!
View attachment 51026
Take away the rack and replace 25% of the paint product with pieces of used sandpaper and rulers and toss in some old references with test sprays all over them and you've got my space. LOL
Actually nope, my wifes been in there tonight apparently. It's all put away. It'll take me a month to find everything now.

Last edited:
Bet a good number of us tend to be a little messy / cluttered, but I can reach out and grab exactly what I need. Once in a while my wife will move stuff to organize - much like Robbie's wife - takes me forever to find what I need...

Back