NEWBIE GREETINGS

JimboH5

Double Actioner
Hello to all! I figured since I usually end up reading this forum I might as well sign on. Try not to bash but I just got the basic Badger 250 for, hopefully, adding some pearls to clear for the art I have been recently doing... more or less just wanted a way to mix and spray small areas without getting anything too complex.

Thanks much. Looking forward to learning lots... even though my goals aren't nearly as lofty as some of the work I've seen here.

I'm still beginner too, no worries the people here are more than willing to help. I am sure you will fit right in :)

Welcome to the forum! There's nothing wrong with trying to do something simple with a Badger 250. I'd be curious to hear how that works out.

Thanks to all.... I should mention I'm in Florida. I will be sure to post ( sure I'll figure out where ) when I try to mix some lacquer and pearl in the little guy and see how it does. So far, only tried some acrylics. The paint and airbrush are all on clearance in this town so I couldn't pass up some experimenting on the cheap....

Welcome from Australia,
There is an abundance of info here and you'll probably see other members post questions that you hadnt even thought about asking just yet,

It can be a bumpy journey, but an enjoyable one for sure. When you are ready to experiment with other 'non clearance' paints then ask away, it will depend on what you want to paint on, and for what purpose.

Welcome from the U.K. hope you enjoy your time here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from NY, JimboH5! I started with the Badger 250 myself many many years ago.:thumbsup: Just gotten back into airbrushing recently. Like JAckEb said, don't be afraid to ask questions and have fun:)

Thanks again... I'm sure as I become more addicted my questions will expand; I'm now on the hunt for adapting this little guy to 1/8" BSP and then to a real compressor... craziness with adapters!

Thanks again... I'm sure as I become more addicted my questions will expand; I'm now on the hunt for adapting this little guy to 1/8" BSP and then to a real compressor... craziness with adapters!
If you're looking for adapters, Amazon has plenty. Spraygunner is down there in Florida (Tampa) and they ought to be able to help you out.

Thanks again for such a warm welcome; I have run across several adapters on several sites - enough to make my head spin and a ton of suggestions to use tape to make them air tight; it seems it would easier to add things having a 1/8... like pistol filter, etc... but I may be wrong about that; I'd rather experiment with paint than fittings : )

One easy fix that I would highly recommend- buy a Badger Quick Disconnect fitting. Then whatever you put on the end of your hose, have a disconnect. Easy plug and play performance! And, if you later decide to buy a better airbrush, you just buy the QD for it and it plugs into your existing setup. No fuss, no changing things around!

HellBird, thanks for the Spraygunner info - they were " on point " with answers on their site and have 3 of the 4 things I was looking for; the quick disconnect as well... thanks, Jurien72.

Welcome to the forum and to our little house of madness. I'm sure we will be able to help you with anything you need and maybe you will progress onto more arty stuff as you go on.

Lee

Back