Newbie on the rise

F

Frostjoker

Sup everyone,

Newbie learning to airbrush for I can get into airbrushing lures for fishing.

From Jax Fl. Got some no name air Compressor and an iwata neo cn that am doing okay with but looking to get a nice air compressor. Maybe one day I will have some really top on the line stuff but not now or any time soon.

In the great words of Joey from friends
How you doing?

Welcome Home Frostjoker,, Hmmm Somehow Frost and Florida do not seem together LOL

Welcome from New Zealand. There are a few lure painters here, @basepaint is one. What are you targeting with your lures?

Welcome Home Frostjoker,, Hmmm Somehow Frost and Florida do not seem together LOL

Thanks. I grew up in California up in the mountains before moving to Florida. Got to love being a navy brat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly saltwater inshore red and black drum, trout, flounder and anything that bites.

Here in Texas that seems to mostly be the mosquitos lately. Welcome to the forums buddy

Nice - I like going for kahawai (sea trout) they are great. Flounder, what lures do you use for them? I'm going to try for them on a rod this year, probably with a fly rather than a lure.

Nice - I like going for kahawai (sea trout) they are great. Flounder, what lures do you use for them? I'm going to try for them on a rod this year, probably with a fly rather than a lure.

I have had good luck with top water over them in about mid shin to right below the knee. Or a worm or paddle tail plastic slowly bounced in front of their face. But flounder on top water is amazing. Sadly I don't have a picture of it happening as I kayak fish and them buggers are a pain once their inside the kayak. Slow retrieve if it feels like your pulling a bag out of the water stop retrieve wait about 3 seconds and set the bad boy.

I have had good luck with top water over them in about mid shin to right below the knee. Or a worm or paddle tail plastic slowly bounced in front of their face. But flounder on top water is amazing. Sadly I don't have a picture of it happening as I kayak fish and them buggers are a pain once their inside the kayak. Slow retrieve if it feels like your pulling a bag out of the water stop retrieve wait about 3 seconds and set the bad boy.

Yes I might try from my kayak as well... along the edge of the channels as the tide comes in!

Yes I might try from my kayak as well... along the edge of the channels as the tide comes in!

I personally like fishing a low to high tide. Ride the tide in then leave as the tide is falling but that's because am lazy and don't want to fight the tide come in and out.

Waves from the other end of Florida :) Welcome to the forum!

I just hope everyone is okay I had to drive up to South Carolina after Matthew and it wasn't pretty

Welcome from Australia, Once the lure makers come on line you'll have more guidance than you know what to do with :laugh:

Waves to @Jurien72 as he drives by

I sure do hope so.

I don't think this one I did today is bad but I think I could be way better.

ecd7f9ac95409a797cfafa692189a7d3.jpg

Back