no more Iwata superlube for me :)

I use a bit of Vaseline (petroleum jelly) on the moving parts. Works for keeping the trigger and movement smooth without traveling through the brush. If I have a sticky air valve, I'll drop some 3 and 1 oil into it, but then I'm spraying out oil residue for the next half hour, so I don't due this very often. I also keep my airbrushes segregated (some used for oil based paints, some for water based paints), as I've found airbrushes that have been used for spraying oil based paints will be awful at at spraying water based paints. I have always kept my needles dry and clean. This thing I'm reading about with the balm is new to me, but if it really helps with tip drying I'm all for trying it out.

during my 19yrs of airbrushing I never used any lube,,,i have only used a metal/chrome polish to wipe of the needle now and then,
it makes the needle very smooth which reduces friction,, just my 2cents

Iwata has a new lube out that isn't supposed to gum up...just got some from Coast Airbrush, put some in my Micron, so far so good, will see how well it works in the long run.

Iwata has a new lube out that isn't supposed to gum up...just got some from Coast Airbrush, put some in my Micron, so far so good, will see how well it works in the long run.

If you've just got it, it's bound to be so far so good, let us know how it is after a year;)

Like Kjart, I don't lube anything unless it's playing up, I just wipe on and wipe off my needle tip before each use.

Anyone ever tried car wax for the needle? Just curious how that might work for tip dry . I hate iwata super lube also. Never worked any better than no lube at all. So pointless. And rubbing it on the needle did help a little with tip dry for me but only lasted about 5-10 minutes and since I airbrush for hours straight it took too much time to recoat the needle that often

here is the add from coast :
Anest Iwata Spray Gun & Airbrush Lube
This lube will not gunk up. Highly recommended for Airbrush use if you are having problems with your current lube getting sticky.
Hmmm-you mean like your own "Super Lube"?

Oh well, I'm a sucker for new products, at least it isn't blue. Madbrush if the new lube lasted a year I would be very impressed!:) lol! I only use it for the air valve as mine seems to stick if not lubed ( I have a Blair soft spring-sometimes doesn't have enough umph to push the lever button back up) As far as needles, I just try to keep them polished and use a nail buffer-still going to get tip dry though.

during my 19yrs of airbrushing I never used any lube,,,i have only used a metal/chrome polish to wipe of the needle now and then,
it makes the needle very smooth which reduces friction,, just my 2cents
Metal and Chrome polish like Mothers wheel polish?

Back